Blazer 202 pro v damaged

Well went to Toledo Bend earlier this week and found a stump with rebar drove into the top of it with a catfish line connected to it. The rebar ripped a 3 ft long hole in my boat. Gave the bilge pump a good workout on the way back to the launch! Boat was taking water fast but between the bilge and the flotation it was a easy idle back to the launch. Bummed about the boat but at least me and my fishing buddy didn't have to get wet. I'll never understand someone that drives nails or rebar into these tree tops to catch catfish, knowing they are tearing up peoples boats. Long story short we did catch fish, and I'll have a repairable Blazer 202 pro v for sale soon. Boat is a 1996.
    Last edited by Whiteboots; 01-01-2017 at 08:45 AM.

2. Member
    Well, for some reason tinypic is not wanting to work today

3. Member
    Dang that sux. You'd think they would at least mark them.

4. Member
    Last edited by Whiteboots; 01-01-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Trying to post pic

5. Member
    That sucks man, don't think it'll cost you too much. Covered under insurance if the repairs are more than you want to pay out of pocket

6. Member
    Got word from insurance. They covering $3000, now just gonna decide if I'm repairing or putting that toward a new hull.

7. Member
    Well, decided to build a aluminum jump boat. Pulling pumps and troller and gauges off the 202. If anyone wants a repairable hull contact me at 9859813599 Richard call or text. $750 no trailer. Your getting hull and cap with carpet and seats. No pumps, no steering, no trolling motor.

8. Member
    Boat is sold

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboots View Post
    Well went to Toledo Bend earlier this week and found a stump with rebar drove into the top of it with a catfish line connected to it. The rebar ripped a 3 ft long hole in my boat. Gave the bilge pump a good workout on the way back to the launch! Boat was taking water fast but between the bilge and the flotation it was a easy idle back to the launch. Bummed about the boat but at least me and my fishing buddy didn't have to get wet. I'll never understand someone that drives nails or rebar into these tree tops to catch catfish, knowing they are tearing up peoples boats. Long story short we did catch fish, and I'll have a repairable Blazer 202 pro v for sale soon. Boat is a 1996.
    that is typical TB trot liners. Was probably done when lake was down and they never gave a thought about water coming up over the rebar. Caddo lake with all thesucker rods is another one that will destroy a boat. I speak from experience. A word to the wise about TB. Stay in the boat roads if on plane. You can just run Willy Billy there.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex