X-19 Setup Question

Recently bought a slightly used X-19. It's an '08 with an '08 Yamaha VZ200 on it. It is currently setup 3" below pad with a Yamaha VMax 25 TI 15 1/8. This boat chine walks at anything over 5200 rpms. At WOT and trimmed up to 5200 rpms, I'm getting 60 mph. I can't get it over that due to the chine walking. It's very pronounced and not something that you would "drive through". Below 5200 rpms, it drives like a dream with one finger on the steering wheel. Water pressure has stayed steady at (25) on the pressure gauge regardless of trim level.

A bass club buddy suggested replacing the prop. My old X-70 had a four blade on it and was thinking about getting another one as this X-19 originally had one too. I'm less concerned with top end speed as I am with hole shot, fuel efficiency, stability, etc. The Yamaha prop selector puts me into a Ultima4 25 pitch and 14.25".

Any other ideas or questions/concerns? Thanks,

I have found with mine the prop makes a huge difference in chine walking. With a 3 blade I get almost no walk, the 4 blade I had at 55mph 6000 rpms it was all over the place, no matter prop to pad. I do have a throphy plus to try out on it.

3. Member
    With more seat time u will get more speed
    2010 Xpress X-19 2010 Yamaha VMAX Series 2 200

4. Member
    its a long read but you may find it helpful......

i have a little input on some props bare with me .....

i have a 2016 x19 with the 200 sho.....since the first time i put it in the water the boat was uncontrollable above 63-64...i was actually able to get a gps reading of 69.1 out of the completely factory setup from express.. (glad i'm still living to tell the story) the pucker factor that they talk about was overwhelming...i was getting a SEVERE and i mean SEVERE crazy chineporpiswalk if there is such a thing.....i tried all positions of the jack plate...from top to bottom..... the boat was setup with a 6 inch manual plate and a powertech 15 1/8 x 25p 3 blade (what i believe to be a Vmax T-1 copy) the bow lift was ungodly .......I had to drive it like Ace Ventura becuae i couldnt see over the bow...... !!!

so i talked to some people and was told to get a Turbo TXP oT4 25p.......well a call to a local shop landed me a totally diffrent prop.....i was suppose to get a TXP Ot4 in a 24 pitch ......but i received a turbo 2+2 4 blade in 25 pitch......i was told i could swap it for the 24 but i explained that it wasnt even the prop that i was looking for or thought i payed for...well after i was told that i said i wanted a 2+2....which i didnt even know existed.....i was pissssssed........( defiantly not getting anymore of my business or anybody i know ) so what the hell i own the over priced..turbo 2+2 25p.......so i give it a try with the 6 inch manual plate......up and down looking for the right spot...
    well.....it handled like a sports car, it bit really well but only got 65 ish out of it at 5400 rpm.........hmmmmmmmm

I did notice some crappy welds on the pad and by the transom that is defiantly causing some of my issues , along with the thought of a single console, giving uneven down force like a big rice burner wing...... and my big ass on the same side providing more to the unevenness by sheer weight........i was ready to sell this heap .....................butttttttt i love the way it fishes and i love my express boats....... ill give it another try

so i purchased the 2nd console, a hot foot , blinker trim , and installed a 12 inch manual plate did a bunch of weighing equipment and organizing my stuff in the boat to help with weight distribution...

I also purchased the infamous Yamaha 25p-T1 prop that would most likely solve my problem.........well..........it ran a tiny bit better that the power tech prop...but not as fast.....67 mph at 6000,,,,,,, and had 1/4 inch less bow lift.....now this might be good in some cases but when you have 4 feet of bow lift it is an almost unnoticeable change.........still nearly uncontrollable and bouncing all over the place....... and completely blowing out on the hole shot and especially on turning at speed.........

ABSOLUTLY NOT what i envisioned in an almost $40,000 boat....... ,that's it .....i give up ......i cleaned it up and took good pictures of it to list it up for sale...........................

guess what i did some research while i was suppose to be listing it up for sale.......and this is what i found.......

Turbo FXP Propeller

Product Description

Total performance for Super High Output four stroke outboards

Excels in hole shot, acceleration, top speed, and handling; all at true tournament loads. Designed specifically for ultra-high-performance four stroke outboards like Yamaha’s V MAX SHO ®. Advanced design lifts the entire boat, dramatically decreasing drag and increasing performance. It provides very minimal bow rise, critical during often-crowded tournament blast-offs. Steering torque and operator fatigue, normally associated with high engine mounting heights, is greatly reduced.

Excellent for light, high performance bass, bay, and flats boatspowered by Yamaha’s V MAX SHO outboard.

• Available in single-inch pitches from 22″ to 27″ for near-custom performance right out of the box.

• 3 blade propeller
    Turbo FXP now comes with a pressed in brass splined rubber hub. This hub helps to better absorb the impacts created in high engine mount, surface piercing applications. Because of this change, FXP propellers will no longer require the use of a separate hub kit or the installation of any different or additional hardware when used with Yamaha V MAX SHO outboards. FXP rubber hub propellers may also fit other brands, provided the necessary dealer supplied attachment hardware is installed

i say what the hell......what's another $600......im in it this deep..............I got very very lucky and searched for a 25P Turbo FXP and found one in nearly mint shape with the thrust washer and all hadware included for $250 plus $20 shipping.........

WHAT ........270 SHIPPED........CLICKED BUY IT NOW SO FAST I THINK I BROKE THE MOUSE BUTTON........... i waited for the prop to arrive .......pulled the yamy T-1 off and installed the newly acquired ( cheapest prop purchased yet ) Turbo FXP 25p 3 blade on my beautiful Yamaha 200 SHO.....

dropped it in the water and holy moly...........no blowing out on the hole shot and it just seemed that i had 50 more horsepower .......i think this is the first time that my X19 got completely up on pad......i can actually see over my trolling motor!!!!!!

i am totally impressed with the 180 degree change from an undrivable dud boat to a 68ish mph completly drivable bass beast.......i fell in love all over again.....( and deleted my for sale pictures )

the boat gets 68 mph at 5800rpm on a hot day......

i went fishing saturday and it was 25-30 degrees cooler than when i first ran the FXP and i was able to get 70mph at 5900 ish rpm and it rode like a dream ( still having a little weird bouncing issue when turning at speed...have to slow down to 50 ish to make a smooth turn.....)

NOW WITH PLAYING WITH THE JACK PLATE POSITION, ADJUSTING WEIGHT IN THE BOAT TO HELP WITH BALANCE AND FINE TUNING EVERYTHING.....I GET 72 MPH AT 5850 RPM LOADED TO FISH AND IT HANDLES LIKE A DREAM.....STILL MAINTAINING 18-20PSI OF WATER PRESSURE....

i still want to do some pad work and eventually, flash it and prop it up........

but for now...

i love my boat
    Last edited by EYELYKTOYS; 01-01-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    ~~~~2016 X-19 YAMAHA - 200SHO & LOVE IT~~~

Quote Originally Posted by glenn-leray View Post
    With more seat time u will get more speed

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    I've ran two Tempest plus's (3 blade) and a Trophy Plus (4 blade). The tempest liked to chine alot over 5000rpms also. The Trophy handle's a lot better. Almost no chine at all unless I'm by myself and don't have the boat weighted right. I do lose about 2 to 3 mph with the trophy though. Weight distribution is huge with these hulls also. I used to run a lot of tackle up front. Now if I take 15 to 20 pounds out of the bow I can gain about 3 to 4 mph. It also handles a lot better when weighed correctly.
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S

This was taken a few yes back with full tank of gas 40gl, 2 men and load of tackle 82.7 gps

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula