Anyone have any experience with the Char-broil tru-infrared grills ???

What are your thoughts, any regrets of purchasing, how well does it do, any recommendations ?????

2. Member
    I have no first hand experience but my father in law really likes his.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

3. Member
    I have one thats on its last leg. Its been a good one. When its done i'll get another.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

4. Banned
    They're a well priced lower line grille--but look good. You can read about them on AmazingRibs.com on their product section.

But you can buy a standard grade CharBroil andthen invest in a set of GrillGrates to put in it--also available at Amazon. That combo would be about as good as a gas grill can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Lane View Post
    I have one thats on its last leg. Its been a good one. When its done i'll get another.

6. Banned
    I have the small two burner I use for a quick cook and it is handy and cooks very well.

7. Member
    If you cook on it frequently, it won't last but a year or two...buy an egg...

I have one at our place in Canada works nice. It does not get the workout that my grill at home does, but for the inexpensive price I like it.

9. Member
    I know it's an old thread, but have mine for a year. Mines the 5 burner plus side burner. I even use it it in 40-50 degree weather (no wind of coarse). I blast all five burners and it gets to temp pretty good in the cold.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

I have one 3 yrs old almost. The IR trays under the grates has rusted out. Those 100's of little holes gets clogged bad. All 3 individual thermostats broke and read 0. The inside sheet metal linings that hold the trays has rusted out. So now the grill is useless. It cooked good when new and the outside still looks new. The inside where the quality should be is not. I think mine was a little over $300 then so I did not except a ton but now faced with getting another grill after too short of time. I am going with Weber this time like I should have the last time. If needed I will gladly take pics and post here if I can figure out how to before I take it to the scrap yard next week.

11. Member
    I know a lot of guys around here who bought them instead of a Weber. There experience is similar to Marks where parts start rusting out in about 3-4 years.

I look at it this way, if you spend $150-250 on a grill and get 2-3 yrs out of it w/o spending $ on part for it, you did OK. If you spend $500 +/- on a grill and get 6-10 years out of it, your coming out ahead.