New transducer mount

Finally getting around to updating my electronics, didn't want to drill any more holes for the transducer. There was at least 7 holes already, I have only put in a couple of them. Used 2 of the existing holes to mount an aluminum plate that I had tapped a couple of holes in for ducercthat that covered up some of the old ones also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

2. Banned
    That looks good, how much spray do you get off of that ducer? My lowrance puts alot of spray on the motor but isn't bad when I'm running over 55 probably because it's out of the water at that point. The original flasher ducer didn't throw hardly any water and it's mounted in the same spot. I think it's the skimmer ducer design. I want to get one of those mounting boards and move it up or make some type of a deflector.

3. Member
    Just mounted it tonight. My old skimmer transducer from my Eagle 480 kicked up some spray, but I think it was mounted too low and I didn't want to move it. I hope this one is up enough it won't spray? Did some Bargin Cave hunting, got a Elite 7 HDI and an Elite 5 HID cheap. Can't wait to get out and try them. Still need to hook up the power wire for the 7 and pull the rest of the cable from the transom.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

4. Banned
    Yeah I have been running it like this for years and didn't want to move it up because I'm getting good readings. Antique LCX28 and 520c at the bow. I'm due for an upgrade.

With those ducers mounted on the back, depending on boat size, aren't you at least 5-7 ft off of all your readings? By the time that brush pile shows up on graph you're already past it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    With those ducers mounted on the back, depending on boat size, aren't you at least 5-7 ft off of all your readings? By the time that brush pile shows up on graph you're already past it.
    Yep, but that graph is on the console, just mark the spot and go back. I have a separate unit on the Trolling Motor, with a transducer mounted on the trolling motor.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115