2003 nitro 901 cdx

Can someone please tell me how to cold start this boat. It has the original nitro series 200 mercury. thanks

2. Member
    Same boat and motor as mine if its the carbed 200 merc. Pump the bulb by the motor until it it full and firm, the key is also the choke. Turn the key one position to the right and push the key in for 3-5 seconds, then with key still pushed in complete turn to the right. May need to crank a few times before it takes. If it wont start repeat process from the off position but there should be no need to push key in or it may flood. Hope this helps!

3. Member
    Just saw that yours is an EFI it the other post. Turn key 1 position to the right (should hear long beep) once beep stops it should start. If it does not you may have other issues. If you still have the bulb by the motor make sure it is pumped up firm.

4. Member
    Hey thanks appreciate it

5. Member
    I had a Mercury 225 EFI always started flawlessly. First start of the day always cranked for about 5-6 seconds straight before it fired. (never did it not start!) After the first start of the day just a bump of the key and it would start. Motor is awesome, never a problem with it. I wish I would of been able to keep it and not sell it to put money towards my new boat. Them old EFI's are bullet proof!

6. Member
    Trim it all the way
    down. It helps mine.