1996 Mercury 200 HO serial number 0G304525

Is the ecu rebuild able? how much is that going to set me back?

prolly cheaper to find a used one,they are all the same, Simon motorsportds charges $6-700 to do the newer motorola boxes,I would call for his opinion.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Personally, I would not purchase a used one (odds are it may have a similar problem).

#1 problem is LOOSE DRIVERS. You can send it in to Eric and have it repaired (properly)... which IMHO is a much more durable option.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Just went through the same process with mine and decided to send it to Simon's Motorsports. They answer all your questions and tell me that the drivers they put in are better than original, and since it is not such a assembly line process, the solder joints are better. I haven't regretted it one bit, I was afraid I was going to spend $3-400 and just buy someone else's problem.