I picked up my latest winter project, a 1987 Astroglass166V to restore... should be an adventure!

Here's the link to the first couple videos:

This thing overall is in pretty good shape with a good trailer under it. No motor included in the sale, but I have a motor on my pontoon I'm going to upgrade and them move the motor from the pontoon to the bass boat. here's some pictures:

Motor not included... :-(

So after deciding to part the hull like the red sea I got to work. Took a couple reference photos before removing the rub rail rope, the rail removing dozens and dozens of screws and then removing the screws holding the hull and cap together.

Don't know what exactly I'll do with the rub rail come assembly time, but just in case...

Here's the floor in the lower deck section as I began cutting and separating.

And the fun begins...

And a giant garbage bin full of foam, fiberglass and toothpicks.

So I'm working towards separating the two halves and having a lot of problems. It seems to be bonded at several points through the boat under storage compartments and such. Anyone got any ideas on what to cut and where? Has this ever been done on an '87 166v?

This picture is facing aft from the port side looking towards the starboard aft corner.

Same setup, just less zoomed.

More of the center under the splash well.

And a more close up picture of the splash well area.