Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshawksc View Post
    do you have the latches for the deck lids?
    Ya its 100% complete right now

2. Member
    Sell it for an electric only boat.

are the latches lockable? do you have 5-7 of them/ if so message me pictures and price.
    Basshawk Restore
    89 Basshawk 181Xl
    91 Jonhson 175 Fast Strike

4. Member
    Well.. I'm a newbie to boating and now a newbie to getting totally ripped off! I bought a boat 2 weeks ago from a joker in Houston. 1999 Viper Cobra 18.8Ft. Looks beautiful. Problem is that the transom is rotten as well as the stringers. I'm a victim of my own stupidity for not having a PPI performed. I'm parting or selling as is. 200HP Mercury Opti. 8 Foot Talon, Hydraulic Steering, Minn Kota 70lb trolling, Cobra trailer, wheels and spare in great shape. Heck, I even have a brand new boat cover and registration stickers on the hull that are new (kidding, I can't sell those). Seats are redone and look awesome. All new carpeting and all deck lids work if anyone has a need for those. Also has jack plate, 3 way charger and new batteries.

What can I do? Anyone interested? I can send photos. Engine is strong and have hour report and maintenance records for it.
    Last edited by gt500blue; 05-18-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Look at this before you make any rash decisions. If the rest of the boat is in good shape, transoms can be repaired.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=799227

6. Member
    I did not see this post earlier... I would totally take the hull and trailer. It would be a future project for me and the kids.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gt500blue View Post
    Well.. I'm a newbie to boating and now a newbie to getting totally ripped off! I bought a boat 2 weeks ago from a joker in Houston. 1999 Viper Cobra 18.8Ft. Looks beautiful. Problem is that the transom is rotten as well as the stringers. I'm a victim of my own stupidity for not having a PPI performed. I'm parting or selling as is. 200HP Mercury Opti. 8 Foot Talon, Hydraulic Steering, Minn Kota 70lb trolling, Cobra trailer, wheels and spare in great shape. Heck, I even have a brand new boat cover and registration stickers on the hull that are new (kidding, I can't sell those). Seats are redone and look awesome. All new carpeting and all deck lids work if anyone has a need for those. Also has jack plate, 3 way charger and new batteries.

What can I do? Anyone interested? I can send photos. Engine is strong and have hour report and maintenance records for it.
    How much for the talon?

Quote Originally Posted by OnTRAK View Post
    If the hull is solid enough, someone may want it to use in "electric motor only/hp restricted" lakes or ponds.

This is is why I posted #4, never herd back on it but now to busy to drive to the coast

9. Member
    To everyone who replied to my original message in July, I sincerely apologize for not responding. My PC hard drive crashed shortly after and I lost this site as I was so new to it I could not remember the name of the forum. I could not find it. Well, I finally got around to taking the old drive off that PC and getting to all of my old internet history and found this forum again! It's been a long 4 months. I still have the boat and it's in the same condition. Now that winter is upon us, I was getting ready to do something with this boat. I think parting it out is the best option. I still have all items. Talon, Motor, Electronics, Hull, Trailer, seats, trolling motor, battery charger. Heck it even has a full tank of fuel (stabil put in). Bottom line is that I will not be able to do this repair myself as the cap cannot pull off and the stringer on one side is rotted. So I think the hull is totaled. But the rest of the items are pristine. I can take pictures for anyone that is interested in taking it off my hands. I'd let the entire thing go for $6K. The motor alone is worth around $4K and the electronics another $1500. The Talon is perfect as well as the seats, trolling motor and trailer. It's a shame...... If anyone is looking for a project hull with everything else ready to go, this could be a good deal. Again, apologies for going MIA for so long!

10. Member
    PM sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12