Approx time to process a claim

Last week I managed to do $6840 in glass damage to my boat. The hull is insured for 7k with another 2k on the trailer. I'm trying to figure out how this is all going to work. I can't imagine the ins company will want to spend that kind of money to fix a 23 year old boat. I'm insured through Gallagher Charter Lakes with XL Speciality Insurance Company being the actual ins. company. My claims agent had the estimate and pictures of the damage on Tuesday. What's the usual timeline to get a decision on whether they are going to total the boat?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KSPropbender View Post
    Last week I managed to do $6840 in glass damage to my boat. The hull is insured for 7k with another 2k on the trailer. I'm trying to figure out how this is all going to work. I can't imagine the ins company will want to spend that kind of money to fix a 23 year old boat. I'm insured through Gallagher Charter Lakes with XL Speciality Insurance Company being the actual ins. company. My claims agent had the estimate and pictures of the damage on Tuesday. What's the usual timeline to get a decision on whether they are going to total the boat?

You should know within the next couple days. Should have the check in about a week or two, depending upon how long the paperwork takes to be completed and sent.

Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    You should know within the next couple days. Should have the check in about a week or two, depending upon how long the paperwork takes to be completed and sent.
    Thank you. Only other time I've had a total loss was with a truck I rolled years ago.