Optimum Batteries What Size

You guy's that run Optimum Batteries blue top for trolling motor what size are you using ?

31's

31m
    1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC

Here we go agian

31M

34M, I can get three in a row in my Classic between the transom and the live well.

P01135809

7. Member
    I hope you have better luck with them than I did. My 31 made it only 2 years before it went bad. I only use Deka/East Penn now. Avoid Optima and anything else made by Johnson Controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre1 View Post
    I hope you have better luck with them than I did. My 31 made it only 2 years before it went bad. I only use Deka/East Penn now. Avoid Optima and anything else made by Johnson Controls.
    I have never had one last less than 6 years. You must have been doing something wrong or bad luck. I have had them in two boats, a Tahoe, Trans Am & Yukon

P01135809

9. Member
    BlueTop Group 31 Dual Purpose Deep Cycle/Starting... I've had a group of them for 3 years and then moved them into my 36 volt jon boat system last year. They spent the winter in the boat on a tender and are in great shape going into this season. These are the best batteries you can buy.

The biggest, baddest one only has 155 min RC.... Far short of what a bass boat really needs.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    The biggest, baddest one only has 155 min RC.... Far short of what a bass boat really needs.
    That's true, however I have heard more positive endorsements for them than any other battery except Northstar. I tend to endorse the Duracell/Sam's/Deka because of the price and personal experience, not that I'm anybody special.

12. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    when I called to get batteries for my boat I was looking at the Blue Tops and Deka Intimidator. Shop owner kind of chuckled and asked why I even bothered to look at Blue Tops, price was higher and had less capacity. At that point it made it an easy choice.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    I have never had one last less than 6 years. You must have been doing something wrong or bad luck. I have had them in two boats, a Tahoe, Trans Am & Yukon
    You must have had some of the older American made Optimas. Mine were the newer Mexican made version. I have been told that the quality is not what it once was. A friend of mine got 7 years out of one, but it was an older one. I had to help a buddy of mine on the lake who had a dead cranking battery, when I opened up the back compartment, it was Optima blue tops. He quickly replaced them. Every battery person I talked to warned me to stay away from Optima.