Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    With a loader on a compact you may consider fluid in the rear tires too. I had mine done and usually leave a blade on the rear too. They can get a little squirmy with a bucket load of something (especially if your going to raise it very high. Just my .02
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

2. Member
    Snatch up that Deere ...

3. Member
    My neighbor bought a New Holland TC 30 when he moved here. He's the type of person who could break an anvil with a rubber hammer. That little tractor looks like it should have died 10 years ago, but it still runs like a top. It's down right now for a clutch job which is it's first, which is a major shock to me. I wouldn't hesitate one bit on getting one if it's just like the one he has.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

4. Banned
    I checked on pricing yesterday for a brand new New Holland Workmaster 33 - for a 4x4 hydrostatic with loader the cash price was $20,300 and if I wanted to do 0% financing for 72 months the price was going to be $23,000.

Apparently the Workmaster line is made by LS and have LS motors in them.

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I do not have a Masters Degree in Mathematics, But an extra $3,000 for zero financing doesn't seem like zero financing to me ??

6. Banned
    The new ones have too much EPA crap to deal with, find a used one!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I do not have a Masters Degree in Mathematics, But an extra $3,000 for zero financing doesn't seem like zero financing to me ??
    Yep. You're basically paying the interest upfront. Definitely a gimmick.

8. Banned
    How about this one.......is it worth $7,000 ???

Is 2,370 hrs too many for this price?

Am I going to regret the manual steering and mechanical drum brakes?

Will the front end loader operating off of two levers instead of a single joystick drive me nuts?

How about the Toyosha 1.5L 2 cylinder diesel - is it a good one? Is 2 cylinder not as good as a 3 cylinder?

Massey Ferguson 220-4
    1984 model
    4x4 MFWD 4WD
    Toyosha 1.5L 2-cyl diesel
    Weighs 4,000+ lbs
    26 hp PTO
    Comes with FEL and 6ft grader box
    Fluid filled rear tires
    2370 hours

Massey 220-4 - pic1.jpg

Massey 220-4 - pic2.jpg

Massey 220-4 - pic3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    How about this one.......is it worth $7,000 ???

Is 2,370 hrs too many for this price?

Am I going to regret the manual steering and mechanical drum brakes?

Will the front end loader operating off of two levers instead of a single joystick drive me nuts?

How about the Toyosha 1.5L 2 cylinder diesel - is it a good one? Is 2 cylinder not as good as a 3 cylinder?

Massey Ferguson 220-4
    1984 model
    4x4 MFWD 4WD
    Toyosha 1.5L 2-cyl diesel
    Weighs 4,000+ lbs
    26 hp PTO
    Comes with FEL and 6ft grader box
    Fluid filled rear tires
    2370 hours

The double lever would be enough for me to not get it. After using s single joy stick I don't think it be easy going to a double.

10. Member
    You don't think the Kubota is too light? From what I've read, it may have 26 hp but it is never able to be utilized due to it's light weight and poor traction. It only weighs 1,400 pounds....you stick a 400 lb bush hog on the back and how is it going to handle it? That's the dilemma I'm faced with. I know the older heavier tractors will do fine, but am drawn to these lighter newer ones.

It is
    My dad and I got a 38hp kubota and I wish we went with more as it struggles with a 3 bottom plow

It is fantastic for everything else we need but it hates that plow lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

11. Member
    That's a lot of hours for that tractor. My cousin's had a massey and broke the rear housing where the third point connects, they were lifting something. The housing are thin and didn't impress me.

12. Member
    Art, please do not buy a tractor without power steering. Especially one with a FEL. Just not wanting you to mess up. I have no dog in the race.

13. Member
    Scott, please do not buy a tractor without power steering. Especially one with a FEL. Just not wanting you to mess up. I have no dog in the race.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lgividen View Post
    Scott, please do not buy a tractor without power steering. Especially one with a FEL. Just not wanting you to mess up. I have no dog in the race.
    So you're saying I'd need big gorilla arms to steer with a loaded bucket of gravel?

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    That's a lot of hours for that tractor. My cousin's had a massey and broke the rear housing where the third point connects, they were lifting something. The housing are thin and didn't impress me.
    What was the fix? Weld it back up? From what I understand it's hell to find parts for this particular massey. Slowing starting to talk myself out of considering it. I like the price, but apparently it comes with a lot of negatives.

16. Member
    You will put Popeye to shame in about a week, lol

17. Member
    What was the fix? Weld it back up? From what I understand it's hell to find parts for this particular massey. Slowing starting to talk myself out of considering it. I like the price, but apparently it comes with a lot of negatives.
    They had to find a used housing to replace it. When you do a weight to horse power comparison the newer Massey's tend to be lighter than their competitors.

As others have said I wouldn't buy a tractor with a FEL and no power steering, just to hard but the FWA would help some.

If your going used I would try to find a John Deere. I'm not a died in the wool green fan (they make bad models also) but what I do like about them is the fact that they support their tractors for a very long time compared to their competitors. Most companies today will only support certain models for 10 years or so and then the quit. You'll be relying on the aftermarket or used for support.

I know I'm old school, but I've spent my life on various tractors living on a tobacco/dairy farm. I was pulling wagons up and down US 27 when I was 10. I'd rather have 'more' tractor than necessary than 'less' when a real tractor is needed. It's your money, not trying to tell you how to spend it. My money would buy a 35-50 hp traditional tractor that will more than satisfy anything I'd need a tractor for. Something with quick adjust rear wheels and live power for sure. I'm sure the land lays different than the farms I grew up working on, we had hills you could barely walk up, but with the quick adjust wheels we could mow or bush hog it all.

(606)305-1956

19. Member
    With that small (lite weight) of tractor, 4x4 is a absolute must.

20. Banned
    Going to pass on that Massey, guy said he bought it in November to resell it, didn't know much about it other than he put a new battery on it. Red flag!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast