Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by go phish View Post
    Although my address is Lenoir City, my house is closer to Farragut off of Northshore Blvd... I usally fish Louden cause the ramp is so close..
    Thanks for the info.
    I also live in your area. IMO, the ramp above MH dam is still your best/closest option. Either jump on the interstate at Watt Rd or stay on K-pike/70 down to 321. Should take ~20-30 minutes at most.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh3 View Post
    I also live in your area. IMO, the ramp above MH dam is still your best/closest option. Either jump on the interstate at Watt Rd or stay on K-pike/70 down to 321. Should take ~20-30 minutes at most.
    Thanks, How far of a run is it to the Steamplant from the Dam ramp?

Bob Gottschalk
    2019 Z18
    2019 PRO XS 175 FOUR STROKE

3. Member
    I'll guess 20-25 minutes. Make sure the plant is running before you decide to make the run. Be mindful of the channel marker buoys. You'll be running past a lot of good fishing on the way up there, IMO. Take care!!

4. Member
    I've never fished rivers. What does one look for other than Creek mouths? Thanks. richg99

Thanks, How far of a run is it to the Steamplant from the Dam ramp?
    It's roughly around 25 miles from the steam plant the dam, If your that close to Farragut I would suggest just go ahead and pull the boat to Solway ramp (the one across from Centennial) hop on Pellisippi (I-140) and you can be there within 15-20 minutes.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

Quote Originally Posted by Melton Jason View Post
    It's roughly around 25 miles from the steam plant the dam, If your that close to Farragut I would suggest just go ahead and pull the boat to Solway ramp (the one across from Centennial) hop on Pellisippi (I-140) and you can be there within 15-20 minutes.
    I heard that ramp is unusable in low winter water..? I would rather put in there if it'll work...

Bob Gottschalk
    2019 Z18

I heard that ramp is unusable in low winter water..? I would rather put in there if it'll work...
    They don't draw down Melton Hill like the rest of the area lakes so It stays at normal levels all year except when TVA draws it down in mid to late March for about 2 weeks for dock owners to do repairs. Other than during that time you can generally use it anytime

8. Member
    there is no draw down in melton hill except for one week in march when they do it to inspect bridge supports. solway is fine all year. you can also run past the solway ramp about 5 min and go to the ramp at melton hill park. the steam plant is half way between those 2 ramps - about 2 miles on water.

9. Member
    Draw down for 2017 and for the future will be in the around the october time frame.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mvanosdale View Post
    Draw down for 2017 and for the future will be in the around the october time frame.
    Oh my....interesting.

Drove by the Solway ramp this past week to check it out...Looks good to me...Was planning on going this weekend but the icy roads and bitter cold forced a change of plans..Will put in next weekend for sure. Highs in the 50's - 60's....

Bob Gottschalk
    2019 Z18

12. Member
    Heading to Carbide in a couple hours....can't wait for the warm....picked up handwarmers on sale at Walmart. Now that I have plenty I figured I have enough for 20 trips in the cold.

13. Member
    Finally got to fish yesterday on the Hill....got off work and hauled to the lake and fished four hours. Beautiful....only boat i saw was leaving....AWESOME.....Praise God

Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Finally got to fish yesterday on the Hill....got off work and hauled to the lake and fished four hours. Beautiful....only boat i saw was leaving....AWESOME.....Praise God
    Great, how did you do? I used to live in Karns and fished it all the time and really enjoy that lake. Still go down quite a bit but not as convenient when I was only 5 minutes away.

15. Member
    Was a great day on the water....was blessed. No biggies but had a limit of keeps plus dinks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12