Thread: Hunting GPS

Hunting GPS

Was looking at the Garmin 64S for a hunting GPS but then started wondering about just getting a car GPS and downloading some topo maps and using it as a dual purpose uint.

Any thought on the best route/uint?

Some guys collect baseball cards just to look at them, I collect fishing equipment and use it .
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    In fishing and in life only one thing stays the same and that is that everything changes.

we use the Garmin 60sx for deer hunting and use Garmin 220 for bear hunting and coon hunting and tracking dogs. The Garmin you speak of will have a lot more features then if you went with the car gps. We went in as a group and purchased map software where we can download our hunting trips to a computer and store and add to other GPS. If you do decide to go with Garmin 64S don't rely on the belt clip, attached a lanyard to it or you"ll be buying another one. I've never used the 64S but i'm sure its similar to the old 60sx we use. I used it in the woods marking trails,scrapes,rubs and stuff like that then go back and download into computer and it helps me determine their travel paths and stuff of that nature,plus you overlay it and see funnels,ridges, saddles and etc. Plus if your on a lease you can walk the permiter and mark boundary lines. Hope this helps
    2014 Skeeter ZX190
    Gen 2 HDS 7's Bow and Console

"Courage is being scared to death, But saddling up anyway"

3. Banned
    Check out On X Hunt,its a app fir your phone.Shown property lines along with owner names.