04 225 Ficht Help Needed!

Hello, I have a 2004, 225 Ficht that is giving me some problems. I took it into my Evinrude certified mechanic and he was not able to identify or solve the problems as he couldn't duplicate them in his shop. He said it was because he can not run the motor over 2500 rpm in his tank, and the problems arise either at higher rpm or under load. He did say that there were no codes and all cylinders had good compression.

One thing that he did point out was that the plugs were excessively dirty (fouled) considering he had changed and indexed them on my previous visit 2 months prior. He changed them again and that solved a rough idle issue I was having.

The problem that he was not able to duplicate/solve is that the motor will not run over 4500 rpm/45 mph. It ran at its normal rpm/speed last time I took it out but quickly went back down for the remainder of the day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Compression, injector operation, throttle opening and sensor voltage, controls and linkage, and fuel pressure have to be determined first. Then a water test with a laptop and fuel pressure and vacuum gauges and do a cylinder drop test. That will get you in the ballpark of why it lacks power. If your "mechanic" can't do that, find a qualified one.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !