Ranger Aluminum Boat Dealers

I'm a longtime lurker and finally bit the bullet and registered to post. I'm looking for a Ranger RT188 and I've been searching boat trader etc. I've noticed almost all of the boats online just say call for price which is really annoying I really don't want to spend all day calling around to boat dealers and dealing with sales people. I optioned out a boat on the ranger site but it looks like the options are pretty simple on this model. I really would prefer to just find the best deals on a 2016 model with a Yamaha or Mercury.

The cheapest prices I've found for an RT188 were from Boat Warehouse near Memphis.

It looks like these guys have some really good deals on aluminum rangers and they're only a little ways up the road from me in Mississippi. Does anyone here have any experience or feedback on this dealer? Also are there any options that are a must have on the RT188?

TIA
    Last edited by slabstacker; 10-13-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Welcome aboard!

The 2017 has the Command Thrust, a bigger lower unit to accommodate bigger prop sizes and selection, and Hydraulic steering is a standard feature new to 2017, not sure if only with the Mercury or on all models. I was looking at a 2016 almost just like I wanted, and after pricing and negotiations with dealer I ordered the new boat.

If you buy a used boat you do not get lifetime hull warranty, only 5 years. Not sure how it works a non-preowned left over setting on lot, I would think first person to take delivery would get lifetime hull warranty, something to ask dealer about.

Mercury is offering extended warranty to cover 5 years currently. Yamaha also has the 5 year extended coverage offer. Evinrude is offering 10 years.

Ranger has a free aluminum wheel upgrade and a $100 ranger wear card offer currently on new RT purchase.

Have been seeing posts about some good deals and sometimes cool upgrades like power pole, electronics, etc. free at the boat shows.

As far as must haves, far as I can tell it is all user opinionated. Some will say the dual console (me), some will say huge electronics.

Another thing to consider is trolling motor and electronics. If you're considering a trolling motor with the spot lock like motorguide's Xi5, they use Lowrance to communicate; MinnKota's I-Pilot used Hummingbird electronics.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

3. Member
    pm sent
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

4. Member
    Command Thrust is Mercury only. If you choose a 115 CT it is available also in the 4 stroke ProXS model as well.

5. Member
    Good luck finding a used RT188. Everyone that has one don't want to sell.

6. Member
    I think bill at BigRiverMarine in Memphis is a dealer. i guarantee he'll beat any deal you can find. give him a call for the only pricing you'll need
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    Dealers can only give MSRP on current model boats. If you're in their office or sometimes over the phone you'll get at the bottom line...much better showing up!

8. Member
    24,700 for 2017 rt188 seems like a great deal. I would think most Ranger dealers would treat you fine.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

When I bought mine a few months ago. I emailed 3 dealers and said I wanted your best out the door price.
    My local dealer beat the other 2 by a long shot.
    I was suprized at the price quoted and went in the next day and bought it. It was a few thousand cheaper than my build on the Ranger site and that included taxes ect.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

10. Member
    Be thankful if you have more than one dealer in your State!

11. Banned
    Used boats should have pricing listed. Leftover new boats may have pricing listed. New boats will more then likely not have pricing listed. It's the nature of the beats.

The $22,700 you posted on the other link for the 2016 is a heck of a deal. I would buy that boat for that price and maybe hope they would throw on a better graph for the console and maybe a step.... Maybe get them at their cost if they won't throw them in......it is January - so they might just deal to be rid of it.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA