Thread: VA did it again

VA did it again

A friend of mine was discharged from the Army cause of Cohn's . He has been going to the VA Clinic up in Ohio where he moved to. The pain got so bad that he went to the ER at the local VA hospital and they sent him home and told him to go see his PA the next day. The pain got so bad he went to the local Hospital ER They admitted him. The next morning the Dr making rounds, told him that he had to have his colon removed ASAP. It took all day to get the VA approval for this and he was finally transferred to the Cleveland Clinic at 4 am. . The Dr there said if he had waited any longer he could have died. He came through the operation GREAT. It was not Cancerous

He is now worried that the VA will come to get him to pay for everything. He is currently at 70% waiting for his 100% classification

What do you all think
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

2. Member
    Our VA system is ranked bottom of the barrel, sounds typical to me.

3. Member
    That is awful, an absolute shame. Hope it's all covered.

4. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    He shouldn't have to pay for anything, if he does get a bill have him contact his congressman.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

5. Member
    I'm sorry to hear what this Veteran had to go through as a result of the grossly incompetent VAMC employees.
    If his medical bills are not paid by the VA send a copy of their refusal to pay letter th our new President and he will put the sorry good for nothing VA creeps responsible for this horrible treatment on the frigging street. Fired ,Finished and no retirement.
    Also file a claim against the VA for malpractice. Things are structured through congress so as you have to go through the VA kangaroo court before you can get to a real court for adequate compensation of the malpractice.
    Don't let these VA creeps get away with this.

We will see what this next Presidential administration will do to fix these horrifying issues. I believe Trump will find someone that will turn it around.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

7. Member
    I'm not sure what the answer is with VA healthcare, but I live in the real world and looking at history I'm not holding my breath on one person cleaning up the inept system. Approx 25% of the federal workforce are veterans..you would think that alone would help but it hasn't.

Have your buddy work with a certified vet rep to get the bill rectified.

8. Banned
    I am 100% total and permanent, I got sick 120 miles from my home. My wife drove to Mosquito Lake to get me and she called the Nurse hotline. They told her to go to the nearest emergency room. I went to Trumbull Memorial and was mis diagnosed. After a week at home I got deathly sick and she took me to Pittsburgh VA and they admitted me. I was in the VA hospital for 2 weeks and had home health ordered by the VA as I was getting two IVs a day from November to Feburary. I turned the EM bill from Trumball to the VA they said no problem we will take care of it. I forgot about as that was 2015 forward to 12/2016 I got a bill from Trumball because the VA denied me. I have jumped through hoops and to no avail. I called my senator Sharrod Brown and he is checking up on it. I also called the VSO this AM and they are looking into it. I never knew one thing about the bill until 15 days ago and they are turning me into collections. Good luck to all of us Veterans