Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I put the Blue Seas 9001e in yesterday. Cranking specs are 2k amps @ 10 seconds, 1200 @ 30 seconds and 1k @ 60 seconds.

I have not started my boat since all of the changes in this post (battery exchanged, clamp on terminals, different battery selector) but will hopefully be on the water late next week.

And again, thank you all for the time and advice. It is greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Syncros...got an update?
    Steve Bailey
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250L Pro XS TM
    SER# 2B575047

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Basser View Post
    Syncros...got an update?
    Not yet. I am in TX now and will be out for the first time since the changes today or tomorrow.

Just a quick update. I've had my boat out 8 times now since the changes discussed above and following Don's and Savage's advice when starting my motor and I have had no long beeps at the first start (knock on wood). Air temps have ranged from 50 to 75 degrees.

5. Member
    Good news. Wonder if it was the switch? Love to get some concrete data to support my theory. Again, good news.
    Steve Bailey
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250L Pro XS TM
    SER# 2B575047

6. Member
    The fastest way to fix something is to change more than one thing at a time. Unfortunately that is the worst way to figure out exactly what was wrong since you don't know which change (battery or switch) made the difference.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    Just a quick update. I've had my boat out 8 times now since the changes discussed above and following Don's and Savage's advice when starting my motor and I have had no long beeps at the first start (knock on wood). Air temps have ranged from 50 to 75 degrees.
    Perfect!

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I was going to post another quick and final update to this and then saw a couple of comments about what it might have been.

My update is day 20 today on the water today with no long beeps when I start the motor for the first time of the day (still following Don's and Savages advice on starting).

I'm no Don Weed or Savage, but if I was going to bet what it was, I'd go with my starting process (trimming down and cranking the motor at the same time when the ramp was busy). I recently read that once the trim bottoms out if you continue to trim down you get a big voltage drop. This could perhaps be compounded by the smaller switch. The two batteries have/had almost identical specs (with different posts). If it was just the switch more people would be having the same problem (Ranger puts the switch in their boats). I also had this problem on my previous boat with no switch (and the X2 battery as well as a PM1) so I really think it was my starting process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12