Thread: Recessed Tray

Recessed Tray

Thinking about installing a recessed trolling motor tray in my nitro z7 sport. Anyone tackle this project or have a similar set up in their fish and ski rig?

2. Member
    No fish and ski rigs with recessed trays?

Been thinking about putting one on my Stratos but have not quite decided yet.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

4. Member
    I hear ya....I want to as well and was looking for thoughts and opinions from guys who had em to see if they liked em. I was a little worried how it would work with limited deck space.

my thoughts exactly on the limited space. I kinda like being able to move the pedal around but like the idea of it being flush with the deck.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

6. Member
    I had one in my Triton SF21. Love it. Worked well and would do it again in a heart beat.
    2003 Ranger 520VX
    2007 225 Mercury Optimax
    Lowrance 2-HDS-12's Touch Gen 2
    Lowrance 1-HDS-7 Touch Gen 2

7. Member
    It is nice to be able to move the pedal around and even remove the unit from the boat for those summer ski days but it would sure be beneficial for those long days standing on that front deck.....my legs and back would appreciate it anyways.

8. Member
    No room on my Triton Allure 196, rod tubes right below floor...

9. Member
    The previous owner of my boat installed one and I really like it. My old Champion did not have a recess so I have used both options. Another nice thing about them is since the aftermarket ones are removable you can work on things under the deck up in the nose of the boat with ease.
    Also, Allison sells an insert that you can put on top of the recess that flattens the deck out again if you go to a Terrova type trolling motor later on and just use the handheld remote. Not sure if it will fit the aftermarket recessed trays but it would be worth the call to find out.
    As for as moving the pedal around, I have had no issue with just rotating my body/leg/foot and still having full use of the pedal.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

10. Member
    Thanks Jwolff....one of my concerns was the hole in the front deck if I wanted to take the troll motor of for water sports or change troll motors later. I've never seen a insert to fill the void when needed, but that is a great idea. Thanks for the share.

11. Member
    Allisons website sucks for showing the little knick knack gear they have for sale. Gotta call them.
    I put up a new thread on the Allison page here on BBC asking if anybody has pics of the cover installed but in all reality I would have zero issues with just having the tray sit empty if I removed my troller for family fun.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

12. Member
    I was seriously considering it on my 288 Sport - but when researching, found out there's support 'parts' under the deck in that exact location and therefore wasn't recommended to install a recessed tray.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

13. Member
    Would love too, but my rods are right below the deck there on my Triton 19 F/S.