Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wind was blowing 15 gusting to 20 today. Spot Lock struggled to stay exactly on location but didn't to a bad job. It would lose about 3-5 feet location in 10 minutes. Can't complain about that too much. I was expecting a little better though
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terry5357 View Post
    Wind was blowing 15 gusting to 20 today. Spot Lock struggled to stay exactly on location but didn't to a bad job. It would lose about 3-5 feet location in 10 minutes. Can't complain about that too much. I was expecting a little better though
    Only three to five feet in a span of 10 minutes in 15-20mph wind??? Sounds good to me. I'd be satisfied with that!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Only three to five feet in a span of 10 minutes in 15-20mph wind??? Sounds good to me. I'd be satisfied with that!
    You ain't lyin'!
    I'll take that.

4. Member
    How does that spot lock work? Does the TM have to be linked to a graph that has gps?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyNegus94 View Post
    How does that spot lock work? Does the TM have to be linked to a graph that has gps?
    No. All GPS functions are built into the head of the Ultrex. Spot lock is as simple as hitting a button with your foot on the pedal or pressing the button with the remote. As soon as you start to use the pedal again spot lock goes off and you have full control.

This video does a really good job explaining the Ultrex.

6. Member
    if its just 3-5 foot then it's actually pretty good.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

7. Banned
    The other electric motors can do 3-5 foot. The ultrex is supposed to be improved. The motorguide can keep you within 2

8. Member
    Ky lake pushes and pulls current alot. Even rollers without wind. Well see how it does in those and when the wind also is blowing.

9. Member
    I can't speak to the MG, but it is a big improvement over the MK Terrova for sure. That thing would sometimes drift ten or more feet off then kick into high speed and reposition. Would startle the $*@! out of you sometimes. I have switched to the Ultrex and it is a big difference. I don't even have the bluetooth unit mounted or hooked up either and it is much better. I don't use link or the tracking/jog stuff so I haven't mounted that thingy.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG Marine Electronics View Post
    We have quite a few of the models available...please see our post in the Trollling Motors for sale section. Give me a call or PM me with any questions.... Brian

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=763137
    I ordered mine from Brian yesterday and it ships tomorrow. Sweet!
    2001 Champion 206, Yamaha 250 V-Max hpdi
    1997 Nitro Savage 884, Mercury150 XR6, 8" Slidemaster Jack Plate

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I was just expecting it hold me right on a 3' area which is a 1 1/2' radius. It beat the everloving crap out of trying babysit the trolling motor that's for darn sure.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    And yet they charged our credit cards already (TW).....
    They didnt charge my card yet. Im sure I will get charged once they get them in. Im in no hurry, wont be on the water again until march. Plus saved $500 during black friday. Cant complain about that.

After a few days of wind fishing, I LOVE IT!!!!!
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

14. Member
    Can you stand on the foot pedal? Like keep you foot with some weight on it the entire time? Is there enough resistance like a regular cable steer? That is the one thing I hate about my Xi5.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

15. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Can you stand on the foot pedal? Like keep you foot with some weight on it the entire time? Is there enough resistance like a regular cable steer? That is the one thing I hate about my Xi5.
    Yes

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

16. Member
    I ordered mine from BOE Marine Dec 29th and it showed up today. Thanks for the good service.

17. Banned

we have several models in stock but stock changes almost hourly. just email me if anyone needs anything or wants me to check stock

18. Member
    The 2017 models of the Ulterra and Terrova use the same updated iPilot electronics as the Ultrex so they should also have the improved spot lock accuracy of the Ultrex. I'm looking at buying a Terrova in a month or two so was really happy to see this!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    If you're killing 36 volts of batteries, 3 batteries in 8 hours. WOW! I know some can do it. I never fish any strong currents, but do fish in the wind, grass and stuff. Mine have always held up, not just 8 hours, but daylight til dark even more if needed. But I don't fish fast either.
    HAHA......you've never fished Falcon with 25+ mph winds. Pretty easy to kill 3 batteries in 8hrs or less.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coufal View Post
    HAHA......you've never fished Falcon with 25+ mph winds. Pretty easy to kill 3 batteries in 8hrs or less.
    Actually I have, with a 24 volt motor. I tried to get out of the strong stuff. Toledo and Rayburn are bad also.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast