EZ LOADER...BAH HUMBUG...2016 TRAILER..VAULT RUST

I just e mailed EZ and also sent these files to the dealer...

Anyone with a similar problem please PM or post any ideas/solutions etc...
    THANX,

12/24.2016
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

2. Member
    Isn't that just a stamped steel peace that's slips in from behind the rim

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Isn't that just a stamped steel peace that's slips in from behind the rim
    Exactly. Easily replaced. You can take these out and refinish them to a different color which might look nice.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    It does suck that there rusting already

5. Member
    I have replaced the chrome colored center that cover the hub. Metal or plastic for less than $8 a wheel. Mine did last 14 yrs though .

6. Member
    Yes, this is an easy fix but it should not be happening on a 2016 model trailer. I wish skeeter would do something about their trailers. I have had several problems with my trailer. I will never own another boat that sits on an EZ loader trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100bee View Post
    Yes, this is an easy fix but it should not be happening on a 2016 model trailer. I wish skeeter would do something about their trailers. I have had several problems with my trailer. I will never own another boat that sits on an EZ loader trailer.
    Its not a trailer problem its a wheel and trim issue..You would have this problem with pretty much any trailer..Your wheels are already corroding up pretty good as well. Must be pretty humid and damp were you are..you might be better off without those pieces installed. Those caps may be trapping water and or condensation causing your rust issue. I have a 2010 EZ loader and its been perfect and I have the crappy chrome wheels.

I would really like to see bass boats on aluminum I beam trailers, lighter and they don't freaking rust.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I would not be upset if the rig was 5 years old but 10 months of fresh water use maybe 3x a week seems way too soon...
    did use SOS pads and got 95% of spots off...may thin coat with vasoline or wax maybe monthly and see..
    anyone knowing exact link to get a better "cap" replacement...PM or post..thanx...

9. Member
    Iam having the same issue, i can text you over pictures if you like. My boat is less then 6 months old. I planned on getting them taken care of, but working on 2 other issues with the boat at the moment.

10. Member
    The trailer for my 2015 TZX 190 has plastic caps. I guess they used cheaper ones on the lower end models. You might try those they are cheap but look nice and won't rust.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

11. Banned
    The clear coat is lifting off the wheel as well.

12. Member
    my ezloader trailer on my 21i is falling apart. fenders are falling apart, and the frame is cracking where they weld the fender mounts to it. its a shame that they put these trailers under such nice hulls!

13. Banned
    MY 20I has been sitting on the afore mentioned EZ Loader for 5 yrs, it's used at least weekly off season,in season
    2-3 times if not more weekly, trailer & wheels are still intact. It's used in St. Johns River(brackish h2o),Harris chain, Okeechobee etc. Could being garage kept be a factor?
    Never rinsed off just wiped down.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterronnie View Post
    my ezloader trailer on my 21i is falling apart. fenders are falling apart, and the frame is cracking where they weld the fender mounts to it. its a shame that they put these trailers under such nice hulls!
    Yep. You are right. Apparently, some have had good luck with EZ Loader trailers, but I have not. I had to put silicon around my tail lights because the holes cut in the trailer were too big. I lost a couple tail lights before i figured out what was goin on. The holes look like a 1st grader was playing with a cutting torch. The tabs that hold the bow roller folded over. You could see a void in the metal where it broke and it had been painted over. I've had trouble with the lights, wiring and brakes. The trailer makes a LOT of noise anytime you are slowly going forward, backwards or turning.
    I've had a lot of trailers, but none have been as junky as this EZ Loader.

My rig i kept in a 2/3 enclosed car port...so it gets a lot of air ...probably just eyeball the hub covers after every couple of launches and re-apply gasoline after any SOS pad removal of any new rust patches...see how it goes a couple months...

BUT if anyone on BBC can post the exact link to get better "covers"....do so for all of us...

BTW, with excess EZ Loader issues it is best to send them to BOTH EZ and Skeeter who has the contract with them...

thanx and all limits to you in 2017!!!

looks like lot of sand/gravel blast pitting the chrome off

17. Banned
    The hub rust is minor, IMO.
    The clear coat lifting on the alloy wheels is a sorry mess. We get that around here if the coating gets slightly damaged, and the wheel is exposed to salt water. The salt works it's way between the metal and the clear coat and eats the aluminum away.