Help - Replacing in dash hds on 211

2013 211 - Replacing an in dash mounted HDS 8 - not much room under the console so has anyone done this - any lessons learned in running the transducer and power back to the bilge -

Thanks

2. Member
    If going with the another hds than everything should just plug right in. If your having to run wires to the back my 2013 had strings ran through the side form the factory to fish them through. Just remember to run another string in case in the fire you need to run something else through there.

3. Member
    Going back with a hummingbird 10 - see the string on the other side of the boat - hope its there on the driver sie when I get the hds out where I can see better - gonna use one of those dash mounted brackets so I can move it up higher to get the steering wheel out of the middle of the screen.

Thanks

4. Member
    What's the issue here? Not much room under dash? What do you mean? Pulling wires is the hardest part and it's not that bad
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    Not a lot of room - Other boats I've had just have a large space under the dash going into the side of the boat running all the way back to the bilge but not legend -no problem pulling anything through it but after looking under there that space is finished out and all the dash wiring runs into a conduit like the one that holds the steering and motor controls out the back - very little room to work from under the console - figured pulling the transducer wire would be the biggest issue.

6. Member
    Not that big of a deal I've pulled many wires including a smart craft wire which is bigger.

7. Member
    On my 08 199, it's not in conduit inside the hull, pull the glove box by the shifter and you will gain a lot of access to help fish wire if you don't have a pull string.