Buying a newer used boat

Hey guys, I have owned a Ranger 364V since age 16. Got an amazing deal on it and had to take it. I have had few to no issues with the GT-150 on the back, and the boat has been a pleasure. Now that i'm "old" (22), I am in the market for something newer and bigger. I will basically take anything newer than 2000 with an outboard 200HP-250HP. I would also prefer a powerpole or two, and side imaging is a necessity. Price range is 15-20k. Anyways, I have seen that there are some amazing deals going around right now with used boats. I had always known winter was boat buying season, but never knew the deals would be this great. Is there a good chance of me finding a really good winter like deal on a boat in my preferred range during say Feb- July, or am I destined to wait for next fall-winter if I want to get a good deal?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Anything is possible, but the *highest* prices of the year on used boats is typically February through June, because every fisherman is most eager in the spring. Not only are most boat owners not using their rigs this time of year, but many are also paying storage every month. If you can finance a winter buy, you can have substantial bargaining leverage with many (not all) sellers. Pretty hard to test drive a boat up north this time of year, though.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Banned
    Not sure about your area but we have boat and travel shows starting right after new years. Go take a look at the new rigs but make sure to ask the dealers about boats they are taking in on trade from sales. A friend of mine picked up a 8 year old Triton with 30 hours on it that way.

Call tracker,triton,pheonix,etc for buybacks! Thats how I got mine ..14 month old buy back never titled but was supposed to be sent back for repairs (the financier) pulled the loan so I saved over 7 grand on a brand new boat

5. Member
    i dont really see many used boats for sale around the midwest in the winter months,i dont think i would want to buy one in the winter,be kinda hard to lake test it and really look it over good while its in storage

I'd buy one in the winter in a second if the price was right. Now is the time to be looking.

7. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/5923457472.html

Here's one. Not quite a 2000 or newer, but those old EFI's were good and money left over for power poles and electronics. Looks well cared for too.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Don't know how far you want to drive but on the site here in the used boats are some nice ones. There's a couple nice ones in that price range in the Bullet section. May have to add power poles, but go with a Bullet and don't look back. Best decision I ever made!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs