Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    That skeg looks like some of it is missing. I'm not real familiar with Evinrudes, but it sure seems like it slants to the rear at a sharper angle than normal.

It could be the angle of the photo, but if not, it looks thin to me too. The paint I would not worry about.

2. Banned
    Paint and minor dings wouldn't worry me; you won't find a perfect skeg anywhere around here, too many rocks.
    As I posted earlier; the angle toward the prop doesn't look right. Maybe it was welded up.

What I can't understand is why someone would sell a boat with the motor looking like that?? At the very minimum the seller should of painted the skeg--Might of costed maybe $10.00 for a can of matching paint?? What else did the seller not care about??

4. Member
    Not familiar with Evinrudes but the skeg on the current motor on my boat was much worse when I purchased it, my tech went thru everything I have been running it for 5 years now, but I am anal about my skeg and boat care so it never looks like that if it is a deal go for it after you are your tech checks it out a little further if you are leary.

Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    What I can't understand is why someone would sell a boat with the motor looking like that?? At the very minimum the seller should of painted the skeg--Might of costed maybe $10.00 for a can of matching paint?? What else did the seller not care about??
    I'd be more suspicious if it WAS painted and had that profile, wondering what they were hiding with paint. Least you can have a good look at that material.

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    If it's ok, you can always follow up with one of these...
    http://www.basspro.com/SkegShield-Sk...duct/10200068/

Can't tell from the pic. I would just go see in person if I was really interested. Odd that the paint is missing up high near the foot.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12