Need Prop Advice

Yeah I know, I'm not running a Stroker anymore but you guys have about the most prop knowledge I've ever seen.
    So, flashed 200 SHO on a 19ft Xpress, 3/4 below the pad. I cant seem to keep a 4 blade wheel on without slinging a blade. I've slung 2 TXPs and now this morning I slung a blade on my 29p promax. Heading back to the launch this morning running about 83-84.....slowed down and started cruising in around 65-66 and it just let go. Luckily it didn't hit the LU this time. Any one have any idea what might be causing me to sling blades on these thick ass 4 blade wheels??
    I will start playing with some 3 blades now and see what happens.
    Thanks for any advice!
    Xpress X19/200SHO

typically blades break from being surfaced. Run your setup and record your data, keep lowering your motor and see if your performance drops off or improves, you might be to high.

3. RIP -April 30,2023
    How much does that boat weigh?

Hey Chris, specs on the 19fter say 1200lbs.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

5. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    The Bravos seam to do well and seam pretty durable they make great fishing props.....I would sure have to try it above the pad though.....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

The torque of that motor is another add on to the blade slinging recipe that 2 strokes just dont have...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. RIP -April 30,2023
    Have you tried a Yammy 3 blade?

Havent tried a Bravo or a 3 blade yet. I will try a 3 blade sometime this week.
    What would make a 3 blade stay together vs a 4 blade?
    Xpress X19/200SHO

9. Member
    I run an original Bravo on my SHO above the pad. It has held up well over 2 seasons of hard tourney fishing. I have a couple of TXP door stops myself.
    The Yamaha T1 3 blades were made for the SHO and seem to perform / hold up well. They are a Yamaha specific pressed hub prop for stock SHO prop shaft.
    Big barrel thru hub with large diameter and no vents do best for me. I have a modded prop shaft that uses the fat shaft hub and prop choices are limited.
    I borrowed a T1 from JRBritt that had a fat shaft hub welded in to get into the 6800-6900 rpm range for chits and grins. Fastest prop I've ran to date.
    JR runs that prop on a 300xs Gambler combo above pad and hasn't had any blade issues I'm aware of.

Thanks for all the input fellas, I'll try a few of the suggestions and report back.
    Xpress X19/200SHO