Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    A 800X480 image would indicate a H9MSI.

Very Nice Hammer, it does look like an old tri-hull or deck style boat.
    Anything setting wise that jumps out at you that I should adjust? Just used it a few times and still don't know much.

Looks like an old boat when they had roofs on them

Quote Originally Posted by agdave112 View Post
    What unit are you running??

Robert nailed it, its a Mega 9

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    Anything setting wise that jumps out at you that I should adjust? Just used it a few times and still don't know much.

Looks like an old boat when they had roofs on them
    You might try backing down the sensitivity a tick, or taking the contrast up or down one or two - the MSI is for sure, not a "set it and forget it" deal.

The top edges of bottom are a little hot - and that might help get more detail to pop for you.

Also adjusting the top end of your sweep range to 1300KHz (1.3MHz) can get you a little finer detail - the higher you go in frequency, the shorter the wavelength.

This can mean a reduction in range at the cost of higher detail, while using the lower frequency ranges will get you more range at the cost of being able to get the sharper images.

There's a couple of us here that used the 800KHz before Mega can along a lot more than some guys ~ and you do have to diddle with it a lot more depending on depth & bottom composition, but that is what can get you a killer screen shot every once in a while.

It really is nice to be able to just use the +/- buttons for sensitivity and not have to have the SI or DI enhance menus up.
    ( I avoid using the sharpness almost 100% of the time, and most guys will say the same.)

Don't get me wrong though - you can tweak things better having it onscreen... you just have to bail out of it when you take a screen shot you'd like to show off.

Seat time is all I can tell you that will get you more improved shots - and it comes in time.

Get us some more ~ we like pics!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    You might try backing down the sensitivity a tick, or taking the contrast up or down one or two - the MSI is for sure, not a "set it and forget it" deal.

The top edges of bottom are a little hot - and that might help get more detail to pop for you.

Also adjusting the top end of your sweep range to 1300KHz (1.3MHz) can get you a little finer detail - the higher you go in frequency, the shorter the wavelength.

This can mean a reduction in range at the cost of higher detail, while using the lower frequency ranges will get you more range at the cost of being able to get the sharper images.

There's a couple of us here that used the 800KHz before Mega can along a lot more than some guys ~ and you do have to diddle with it a lot more depending on depth & bottom composition, but that is what can get you a killer screen shot every once in a while.

It really is nice to be able to just use the +/- buttons for sensitivity and not have to have the SI or DI enhance menus up.
    ( I avoid using the sharpness almost 100% of the time, and most guys will say the same.)

Don't get me wrong though - you can tweak things better having it onscreen... you just have to bail out of it when you take a screen shot you'd like to show off.

Seat time is all I can tell you that will get you more improved shots - and it comes in time.

Get us some more ~ we like pics!

Great info Robert. Didn't even know you could up the frequency.

Thanks!

5. Member
    HI all. I appreciate all the great images you have put up. It convinced me enough to open the pocket book for a couple helix 9's. I was wondering if someone could tell me how you are recovering the screenshot images off the SD cards? I have 'capture screenshot on waypoint" selected, SD card in the slot. I uploaded all the waypoints into the humminbird software, and the waypoints are there, but I can't seem to find a way to view the images. Checked the cards for image extension like .png or something and nothing could be found. Any and all help appreciated.

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You must press and HOLD for a screenshot to be taken.

https://www.humminbird.com/faqDetail.aspx?id=14239
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_maverick_owner View Post
    HI all. I appreciate all the great images you have put up. It convinced me enough to open the pocket book for a couple helix 9's. I was wondering if someone could tell me how you are recovering the screenshot images off the SD cards? I have 'capture screenshot on waypoint" selected, SD card in the slot. I uploaded all the waypoints into the humminbird software, and the waypoints are there, but I can't seem to find a way to view the images. Checked the cards for image extension like .png or something and nothing could be found. Any and all help appreciated.
    Might get more help in the other hummingbird forum above this one.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_maverick_owner View Post
    Snapshots are saved directly to the memory card in a SNAPSHOT folder=no folder= no snapshots.
    That folder is what you open to view snapshots on your computer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Banned
    nothing special. most of our bottom is pretty featureless

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    At least the trees have branches!

The reservoirs near me are old enough most of the branches are long gone...

I see you got the top end cranked to 1300kHz too.

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

11. Member
    Well, I'm finally able to post a few pics from my first try with my new Helix 10 Mega I just installed (just switched over from Lowrance) I know I still have some tweaking to do, but I am LOVING what I have already seen. Not a ton of cool stuff to take pics of like I have seen some post though. But I think I'm on the right track. Please make any suggestions that can help. I think I usually run my sensitivity too low, but I've been playing with sensitivity and contrast a lot.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Banned

Where do you turn the frequency rate up on a mega 9? I'm sure its right in front of me, but I cant seem to find it.

Thanks fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    Where do you turn the frequency rate up on a mega 9? I'm sure its right in front of me, but I cant seem to find it.

Thanks fellas
    This is from a Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2, you should have a similar setting to choose how much of the CHIRP range to use:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Banned
    some cabbage

16. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

H12MSI - weeds, rocks and a bit or lumber...

These are a little "hot" since I had 4 in the boat & my passenger was making it a bit tough to "see around", the sun wasn't helping and I am used to fishing in the dark - the unit marked the structure pretty decent most of the time though...

Possibly an very old house boat:

El Diablo is in the wood pile....

Last edited by sfw1960; 07-02-2017 at 07:50 PM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    This is from a Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2, you should have a similar setting to choose how much of the CHIRP range to use:

thanks Wayne!

No pictures to post but I will say .. Pictures don't do these units justice. I put my new 12's on and was blown away by the images. Target separation is unreal . Just got to try and find some fish with the mega ... Was really thinking about swapping brands but I am glad I didn't . I miss my touch screen on the ONIX , but like the simplicity of the Helix units .

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

USA Agreed, H12MSI G2N Rocks!

If you "open/view image in new window" you can see them full size if uploaded at full resolution, but YES I do agree- they do look fantastic native on the H12MSI G2N's screen.

Indeed, they are an impressive piece of technology for sure!

Back side of Croton Dam, Newaygo County - Muskegon River 07/04/2017:

Panfish on the 800 Khz Chirp DI:

Closer look at what appears to be a "cat walk":

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

20. Member
    Anyone missing a car?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast