Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks Bruce!

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmadison17 View Post
    And he has already agreed to take it to a local lake and test before any money changes hands.
    Good to hear you have someone who knows!!!! And apparently seller has integrity! Always a good thing. I hope we can get the reasoning behind the strange paint !

And, yes, wood in transom, BUT this would not be an issue if properly sealed and maintained. I hope your friend can determine this!!! Let us know!

3. Member
    Update: I went and looked at the boat yesterday afternoon and ended up pulling it home! It was at a dealer so I was not able to speak to the previous owner. It is a one owner boat (garage kept and it shows), and the previous owner painted the top cap and red stripe just below rub rail to match his truck. (Dealer had a picture of truck hooked up to boat to prove this) It was an older gentleman that owned it before, and he traded the truck and the boat in on a car at a car dealership. The transom seemed very solid with no flex at all that me or my brother could tell, also did the "knock" test. Lower unit oil seemed clean, and overall the outboard seemed clean without any visual signs that it had been torn into. There are some stress cracks on the boat, but only in about 3 spots and not in areas of concern. The interior is all original and appears to be very well maintained. It has a nearly new trolling motor, updated electronics, and 3 batteries that are almost a year old. We took it out on a local lake, and it started right up and ran smooth. Overall I was very impressed with the condition for a 20 year old bass boat. It fits in my garage with 2 inches to spare and I hope to enjoy it for many more years. I appreciate all of your input and help in making this decision.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Congratulations! I hope it gives you many years of fun on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmadison17 View Post
    Update: I went and looked at the boat yesterday afternoon and ended up pulling it home! It was at a dealer so I was not able to speak to the previous owner. It is a one owner boat (garage kept and it shows), and the previous owner painted the top cap and red stripe just below rub rail to match his truck. (Dealer had a picture of truck hooked up to boat to prove this) It was an older gentleman that owned it before, and he traded the truck and the boat in on a car at a car dealership. The transom seemed very solid with no flex at all that me or my brother could tell, also did the "knock" test. Lower unit oil seemed clean, and overall the outboard seemed clean without any visual signs that it had been torn into. There are some stress cracks on the boat, but only in about 3 spots and not in areas of concern. The interior is all original and appears to be very well maintained. It has a nearly new trolling motor, updated electronics, and 3 batteries that are almost a year old. We took it out on a local lake, and it started right up and ran smooth. Overall I was very impressed with the condition for a 20 year old bass boat. It fits in my garage with 2 inches to spare and I hope to enjoy it for many more years. I appreciate all of your input and help in making this decision.
    Congrats on the boat purchase, now get out there and get us some pics of her with some fish in her.

6. Member
    Congrats!! Let's see some pics!
    Champion 206
    250XB

7. Member
    Had the boat out yesterday, and even caught a couple fish out of it! After looking through the sticky's on this thread I realized that I will need to invest in a new jack plate before my next outing. Yep, you guessed it, this boat is equipped with a rite hite. IMO a few hundred buck is worth the piece of mind. Any suggestions on brands of jack plates? Sorry no pics yet!

8. Member
    Rapid jack is the best of the best as far as jackplates
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce2 View Post
    Rapid jack is the best of the best as far as jackplates
    Yep. Call Steve at HydroDynamics.
    Champion 206
    250XB

10. Member
    I would also recommend a rapid jack. This would be a good time to reseal the transom while your at it.

11. Member

Thought I would update everyone on this boat i purchased about a year and a half ago. Been an awesome rig, and outboard is strong. No complaints whatsoever. I replaced the rite hite with a rapid jack immediately after purchase and have had great luck with it. The pic is of my brother fishing at Lake Konawa here in Oklahoma earlier this year. I'm trying to decide whether or not to strip the paint to reveal what was covered up on the gelcoat......may not worry about it and keep fishing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I'm so glad you are enjoying that boat!!!!! Looks like you found yourself a real gem!!!!!

13. Banned
    ... Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12