Best protector from rocks...

Looking for best option from rock chips on front of boat as thinking rock tamers but wanted to see if any other recommendations before i buy. Its for new f150 with stock tires (may go to 33's but not sure yet).
    Thank you
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

I put extra long mud flaps on the back of my Suburban. They hang to within about 3 inches of the ground. A buddy couldn't find mud flaps as long as mine, so he bought some slightly shorter and added a long brush like deal to the bottom of his. Both set-ups seem to work well.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    This is what I ended up going with. Works great, and is easily removable.

http://www.towtector.com/
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post

This is what I use and it seems to work well
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Can anyone explain why you need 3-4 inches of ground clearance with the towtector? Why not order till is barely touches the ground? Seems the friction would trim it to the correct length.

Some type of full mud-flap system for sure, and surefire hull protection would be a hull bra, similar to what Canvas Craft offers:

http://canvascraftinc.com/boat-cover...ies-and-extras

Quote Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
    Can anyone explain why you need 3-4 inches of ground clearance with the towtector? Why not order till is barely touches the ground? Seems the friction would trim it to the correct length.
    I think I read somewhere that you don't want it near the ground because going over bumps, or if your truck sags under load it'll act like a broom and actually sweep the road and kick up rocks and pebbles that you'd normally just drive over.

Ranger 200C/F225 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post

My FIL is an RV guy and he goes to the RV shows and listens to the speakers and all that and I guess in the RV world, a lot of the guys prefer this kind of rock guard compared to the mud flap style. I dunno, just his advice. Anyway, I made my own with some 48" or 54" "broom" or "whiskers" (I can't remember what they're called on Amazon and ebay) and some angle from Home Depot. Hung it with a U-bolt. I made it said and done for like $75 and it actually works fairly well. Even made another one that I mounted directly to the trailer, so I'm down the road with one on the truck and one on the trailer.

Ranger 200C/F225 Sport

9. Member
    I noted Sherm of Sherms Marine goes too the Cat factory to pick up a lot of the boats in his showroom. He di livers the boats he sells all over. He delivered two of mine, for a price of course LOL. If you've been to his place you know it's in the middle of no where on rural roads. His customers still expect perfection with the price of a new boat. He's had a Towtector on every time I've seen him pulling a new Cat. The fact he trust his livelihood to them is all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxfly View Post
    I made my own with some 48" or 54" "broom" or "whiskers" (I can't remember what they're called on Amazon and ebay)
    Can you post a link to what you bought by chance? Very interested!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
    I thought the same thing. So the one I ordered I made it go all the way to the ground. I have had no issues at all and love it.