Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Am I the only one who used a home equity loan? Worked great for us 25yrs ago. Deductable interest etc...
    Still have the boat and running the same 2 stroke merc...

Should have it paid off next year
    Love those 300 series Rangers. Your all set up, even if a pick up game breaks out in the parking lot, .........I got next!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Love those 300 series Rangers. Your all set up, even if a pick up game breaks out in the parking lot, .........I got next!
    Good eye, they didn't help my hole shot one bit!

After a hard rain, the river is littered with them. If I come across a good ball, I bring them home and give them a scrub and let the wife take them to school and give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    Mines the same way. They'll loan full NADA retail value on whatever you want to buy.
    Yep.. I won't even use a bank for loans..haven't for almost 10 years. Very flexible and easy to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Good eye, they didn't help my hole shot one bit!
    Are you serious? They have to be under water in a jackplate to provide lift. If you just picked em up on the river disregard

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Banks are probably getting burned on guys that blow up their boats and rather than pay to fix them just let the bank take it over....I am sure there are quite a few guys out there that owe more on their boats than what they are worth with a blown motor...quote

Sounds like a smart business move. Irresponsible lending was one of the main causes of the last recession, it sounds like this bank is trying to do things right..quote

I agree and if you have collateral for the loan other than the boat then the bank doesn't care what you buy as long is the loan is secured....Banks have always wanted their loans secured one reason they ask for proof of insurance if you finance a vehicle with them the warranty on the motor isn't any different than requiring insurance on the vehicle you are financing.....Don't see anything unusual or a real problem with this bank's loan policy on boats.
    This ^^^^

All I have to do is come here and see guys with 5-6 yo boats with blown up engines that need $5-7k in repairs.

They're likely underwater on the loan and now they need to come up with the additional money just to get the boat running again. No wonder the banks are getting pickier.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345