My tuck's windshield doesn't freeze up > Why ??

I bought this 2005 GMC Envoy for everyday driving. I live in Northern IL and its real cold this Winter. I have yet to scrape my windshield this year. Is there a reason why every morning I wake up to a clear windshield ? Any my previous cars/truck, I would have to scrape the windows before I drove in the morning. Is there a trick or a product that prevents iced up windshields in the morning ?? Thanks !!

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Are you keeping it in a garage?

If you have a wax or coating on the windshield like Rain-X it can help.
    Remember, Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.

4. Member
    If your using it later into the evening like 10pm and later they don't frost over nearly as much.

5. Member

USA

If you don't have your heater on / or you open the windows right before you get home and park it. It will be cool in the truck and there won't be any condensation to freeze. It is cool the last minute of driving but you save a lot of scraping in the morning.

6. Member
    My heat is blasting when I get home from 12pm -2pm and I park outside in driveway. I head out 8am the latest. I will check on the rain x theory. Someone pm me maybe they use a no fog product. I never heard of no fog ?? Anyone else have any ideas, I would like to treat my other trucks with this magic solution(if I can figure out)> Thanks for responses.

7. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    interested to hear what the deal is with this

------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

8. Banned
    rainX does make a "no fog" product. Its designed for use INSIDE the windows tho. I use it on the inside of my faceshield of the m/c helmet i wear on those cold tourney mornings. We used it last weekend for the first time, 24 degrees at blast off, and it never fogged up (full faced helmet). The stuff rocks!

9. Member
    I did a search for windshield not fogging and I read maybe 1/2 water and 1/2 vinagar.. I also read use rainx windshield fluid. >???

10. Member
    But feel lucky!!

11. Member

12. Member
    No snow melting on your feet ( wet floorboards that evaporate), window tint ( makes a thicker/ more insulated vehicle), and parking early enough that the sun lets it cool down slowly, and the 05 if it's newer than your other vehicles it has probably been more advanced ( keep the vent below the window clear, and if you want it to ice over fill that vent with snow, I bet it will frost)