Anybody else liking the blue bird??

I'm an active twtr user and think it has value. I have no idea what the value should be. But it is the first place to hear about the news, and possibly the easiest place to spread ideas. Of course it has it's down falls. One being twtr trolls and the harassment that is spread on it. During the election season, I'm sure the active user numbers were through the roof, and I would think those numbers quickly went down after the election. For awhile I was thinking, that the end of the election season would also mark the beginning of a slow death for twtr. The only hope would be a buyout, as the rumors spread, other companies denied that they would be buying. And I fully expected to fall out of favor and drift to the single digits.

But recently I had an idea. TWTR had a real impact on the election. An impact that can be bought. There are a few companies that, GOOGL and FB who have no problems with voicing their political opinions, and are known for tweaking trending topics on their platforms, could buy to simply to influence the next election. And even if they don't buy it, I would expect an activist, like Soros and I'm sure others to take up stakes to influence the spread of news.

I'm thinking about building a position between now and every few percentage points lower. I think todays selling is the result of tax loss selling. I'm hoping it goes lower for add ons. But I think this may make for a good long term, 4 year hold.

Thoughts???????