console modification on deep v

Has anyone ever modified their consoles of their deep v to accommodate laying your rods flat on the deck? I have thought about cutting a hole and installing th marine rigging tube of some sort, but i'm curious as to what others have done. Thanks in advance for any ideas and if you have pictures of what you done that would be appreciated also.

3. Member
    Thought about it, but I got a different boat instead! I saw pictures of the Ranger 620 that comes like that, I think it’s shown on the detail pics on the Ranger website. Not sure if it would interfere with a glove box or anything, but if not I’d think installing some sort of recessed cover into a hole would be about the only option. Maybe something like this, with the door removed? http://www.westmarine.com/buy/attwoo...27?recordNum=4

4. Member
    Smokercraft had holes cut through their passanger console. Loved the idea but the boat itself I didnt care for .

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I installed one of the plastic rod tip deals on my 04 621 that come now standard on the newer 600's.. I can put al long as rods as i want on my Starboard side.. I ordered 2 of them when I did hoping to put one on each side but the way they are angled it only would work on Drivers console..