console modification on deep v

Has anyone ever modified their consoles of their deep v to accommodate laying your rods flat on the deck? I have thought about cutting a hole and installing th marine rigging tube of some sort, but i'm curious as to what others have done. Thanks in advance for any ideas and if you have pictures of what you done that would be appreciated also.

2. Member
    Thought about it, but I got a different boat instead! I saw pictures of the Ranger 620 that comes like that, I think it’s shown on the detail pics on the Ranger website. Not sure if it would interfere with a glove box or anything, but if not I’d think installing some sort of recessed cover into a hole would be about the only option. Maybe something like this, with the door removed? http://www.westmarine.com/buy/attwoo...27?recordNum=4

3. Member
    Smokercraft had holes cut through their passanger console. Loved the idea but the boat itself I didnt care for .

4. Member
    I installed one of the plastic rod tip deals on my 04 621 that come now standard on the newer 600's.. I can put al long as rods as i want on my Starboard side.. I ordered 2 of them when I did hoping to put one on each side but the way they are angled it only would work on Drivers console..

5. Member
    I've seen some guys install an ATV gun rack on the side of their boat. I wish multi species boats had a bigger deck and smaller cockpit.

http://www.motosport.com/quadboss-cushioned-gun-racks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    I wish multi species boats had a bigger deck and smaller cockpit.
    You want to see a large front deck, look at a Alumacraft 205 Competitor.. Huge.... The consoles are moved back amidship so the rear is smaller. Port Side rod holder can hold rods to 10ft, front storage 9 1/2. You should be able to lay any 7.5 ft rod down flat on the deck. I Muskie fish mostly, and my 8.5ft rods don't lay flat, but I think a 8 might.
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    You want to see a large front deck, look at a Alumacraft 205 Competitor.. Huge.... The consoles are moved back amidship so the rear is smaller. Port Side rod holder can hold rods to 10ft, front storage 9 1/2. You should be able to lay any 7.5 ft rod down flat on the deck. I Muskie fish mostly, and my 8.5ft rods don't lay flat, but I think a 8 might.
    I just saw one the other day with a 250 SHO on it. WOW that front deck is amazing and so is all of the storage. For the price and features this is the boat I would buy if I was going multi species.

8. Member
    Tuffy 2100 also has a huge front deck, that may be my next boat. Phoenix is rumored to have a multi species boat come out 02/2018, I have high expectations for that as well.