OX66 Maintenance (Fuel pumps, filters etc)

To all the guys who are nervous about completing a full maintenance on OX66 motors:

It is not difficult if you follow the information provided by the various threads here on BBC! I too was nervous about taking the injectors out and vst filter replacement but it was a lot easier than I thought. I'm not a mechanic but just took my time and paid attention as I went along and completed the following in an afternoon.

Replace 10 micron fuel filter and fuel filter under cowling, replaced (3) fuel pumps, replace vst filter, removed injectors for cleaning (Brucato), changed oil strainer (filter), changed spark plugs, changed lower unit oil and greased fittings.

If you are apprehensive just take your time and try it! You could save hundreds!

Chris

2. Craig White
    Chris I agree 100%. Did all mine 2 years ago. Along with water pump....etc...Watch YouTube and followed all info on bbc and did it all myself. These OX66 motors are some of the easiest motors to work on. Don't be itemidated that they say made in Japan on them.

3. Member
    +1 on the easy maintenance. Parts are cheaper for OX 66's...
    Did you change the oil strainer on the motor or inside bottom of oil injection tank?

4. Member
    I'm helping some guys learn how easy this stuff is.

5. Member
    filter on injection tank...

6. Member
    Was it difficult to prime the air out the oil line from the tank to the motor and or is it an easy process?

Where can I find Instruction/video to remove my injectors- 2005 ox66 200hp

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyp3 View Post
    Where can I find Instruction/video to remove my injectors- 2005 ox66 200hp
    Check YouTube. I think fuelinjectorman has a video of removing them from a f series. It's close enough and what I used for prep. It's pretty easy.