garmin 93 sv does not show all the creek names on the lake??

I fish the ozarks lakes and on bull shoals the mapping will show some creek names but does not show them all as a humminbird and lowrance does?? I was told its because bull shoals is not mapped in hd?? i like the unit but i am very disappointed with this.

\"FISHIN FOR 5\"

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerCy View Post
    I fish the ozarks lakes and on bull shoals the mapping will show some creek names but does not show them all as a humminbird and lowrance does?? I was told its because bull shoals is not mapped in hd?? i like the unit but i am very disappointed with this.
    This is one thing every salesperson forgets to tell customers about Garmin. Unless they have actually mapped your lake you are out of luck. They don't accept Navionics cards so you will need either the mobile version of Navionics (phone or tablet) or a Humminbird unit to do mapping. The two actual touring pros we have here both run Humminbird in the floor for mapping at lakes their units don't have. If you want to have some fun let them think you are taking a picture of the floor unit......

Garmin are good units but the lack of mapping is a deal killer for my customers so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by RangerCy View Post

With the current version of preloaded LakeVu HD mapping, Bull Shoals is a MaxDef lake (lake that Garmin has recently surveyed, 1-foot contours). You likely need to update the preloaded mapping. Also Fishing Hot Spots Pro provides additional data, including creek names:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/550906

FHS Pro is available separately for purchase/download. FHS Pro data also comes with the 2016 LakeVu HD Ultra card:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/148922

What I suggest is to email the Cartography department regarding the specific creeks/embayments of Bull Shoals you need more data on, and they can send you screenshots of what the current mapping with and without the FHS Pro overlay looks like before you potentially purchase anything.

cartography@garmin.com
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    I took your advise and ordered the hotmaps and have an update coming for the unit hopefully it will help. I can say one thing for Garmin their customer service is the besti have ever seen. I attempted to download the update to my sd card and was having trouble,called garmin explained what was going on and they checked it out ended up being on their end long story short they second day aired me a card with the new update.

\"FISHIN FOR 5\"