Mercury 115HP four stroke question

I took the outboard in for servicing. Took her out. It has a constant tone/beep. It is very low almost not audible. If it was 2 stroke I probably would not have heard it. From what i know it is the overheating tone being it is constant. It happens right as I turn it over so there is now way it is overheating. The impeller and oil for lower end and engine was changed. There is water coming out very strong as it runs. Any thing I can do without taking her back in. Here is the S/N 2B150123. It was built in 2014 model year 2015. It came either my 2015 179trx. Any help would be appreciated.
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

So if this happened the first time out after having someone service it I would not try to figure it out. I'd take it back, tell them it did this after they worked on it and they need to figure it out.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Don't guess. Get it back to the dealer and have them put it on the computer to see what the fault code is. A solid, never ending tone is a CRITICAL fault. It could be overheat but there are other possibilities too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Don't guess. Get it back to the dealer and have them put it on the computer to see what the fault code is. A solid, never ending tone is a CRITICAL fault. It could be overheat but there are other possibilities too.
    ^^^ Good Advice!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Don't know if I should feel stupid, embarrassed or both. The constant tone was from the power draw. The first tech could not hear it and the second tech actually got on the boat. I saw the computer read out as they sat there looking at it. So ya....awkward
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnute View Post
    Don't know if I should feel stupid, embarrassed or both. The constant tone was from the power draw. The first tech could not hear it and the second tech actually got on the boat. I saw the computer read out as they sat there looking at it. So ya....awkward
    My boat does the same thing; a constant tone from under the console that you can barely hear. It's been there from day one.

Yeah I know what your talking about. Makes a low volume constant squeal sound even when the engine isn't running. I kind of like it, it is a reminder not to leave the key in the run position after checking the fuel gauge or Merc Monitor.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    My boat does the same thing; a constant tone from under the console that you can barely hear. It's been there from day one.

Second that!