Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Structure scan question

I currently have a 12 gen3 at the console with structure scan and a 9 gen 3 on the bow that has my sonar from my troll motor connected to it. I'm wanting to know if there is a way I can get my structure scan to work on my 9 at the bow?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwebre74 View Post
    I currently have a 12 gen3 at the console with structure scan and a 9 gen 3 on the bow that has my sonar from my troll motor connected to it. I'm wanting to know if there is a way I can get my structure scan to work on my 9 at the bow?
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

3. Member
    Connect both locators together via ethernet. Once this is done you can choice the structure page. On the pull down menu at the very bottom should be a source tab. Tap it and choice your HDS12 Gen3 as the source. Assuming the 12 is the only other source you should have only two sources, "this unit, and the 12.

You may have to also activate the structure scan in the settings, advanced, features, structure if the structure page is not present.

good luck.

4. Member
    Thanks I'll try it next time out

5. Precision Sonar
    Just a suggestion ...

Add an HDI Transducer and low profile adapter to your TM and you'll have both 2D sonar & DOWNSCAN off of your trolling motor.

RK

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

6. Member
    Just depends on what you want. If you want to see side/down scan from what is under TM then you will need the ss2 transducer or the all scan. If you are ok with seeing what is off back of boat just connect the two via Ethernet like mentioned above.
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke

7. Member
    Thanks guys. I finally got it figured out.