Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I run an lss1 up front with my minnkota us2, works great. Used the mounting place with the smaller lss1 just not the hinge portion, I grinded the hinge portion off cut some rubber to mount between the motor and mount to prevent movement and scraping. Hose clamped it on and away it goes....works great...just hope to not break lss1 transx...have been keeping an eye on ebay for deals on a second backup unit. Having downscan and sidescan up front and at the console is awesome. Don't forget to network everthing together so you can veiw all sensors from any unit.....have fun!

2. Member
    Why hasn't any body mentioned using the spotlight scan transducer for the bow of the trolling motor? I am wanting DI on my Xi5 and was hoping to install the spotlight scan ducer on for that. Anybody have any thoughts on spotlight scan VS an HDI ducer VS an LSS-2 for the bow?
    Warrior 2090 XST 175 Suzuki Mertens Power Tiller
    Lowrance HDS 12,12,8, SS3D

OK, got everything hooked up and ready to try out this week end. Had to run the LSS-1 cable a different route as it was too short to reach where I wanted the box, but all is good now. I'd like to find a transom mount bracket for the LSS-1 now to make the mounting a little better, but it's good for now.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

TaDa !! It worked !!
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

5. Member
    Mitch, I have a similar goal and I have a spare LSS-1 module and transducer sitting unused in my garage. Can you share a pic of your setup?
    Triton TR-186, Mercury Optimax 150

Out of town now, but will get one hopefully this week-end for ya !!
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

7. Member
    I was thinking the same thing SkeeterJim was. Total Scan transducer.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rotaxmandan View Post
    Why hasn't any body mentioned using the spotlight scan transducer for the bow of the trolling motor? I am wanting DI on my Xi5 and was hoping to install the spotlight scan ducer on for that. Anybody have any thoughts on spotlight scan VS an HDI ducer VS an LSS-2 for the bow?
    You dont hear much about the Spotlight cause it seems most dont use it or at least use it for the spotlight feature....

Here are the difference between all 3 you mentioned

Spotlight - does sonar, downscan and spotlight; for spotlight function to work you need to install a sensor on the TM foot pedal and connect to the NMEA 2000 network; also the spotlight feature wont work correctly with any of the electric steer TM's

HDI - does sonar and downscan

LSS 2 - does downscan and sidescan; if you have touchpad Gen1 and Gen2 units you will need the black box; also need the sonar ducer to work in tandem to get digital depth reading; only need ducer to connect to Gen2 Touch and Gen 3 units

Total Scan - does sonar, downscan and sidescan; will only work on Gen 3 units.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    I thought the same thing SkeeterJim. Total scan.

To use a total scan transducer I would have to get a gen 3 touch and I have gen 2's and did not want to upgrade.
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

Ok, so I finally got pics of my set up, I had to re-do the transducer and add in the Hydrowave speaker and all that, lol !!

20170319_185414_resized.jpg
    20170319_185359_resized.jpg
    20170319_185449_resized.jpg
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

12. Member
    Nice pics! Thanks. Did you install the module (box) in a rod locker?

13. Member
    Mitch, I'd be very interested in hearing how the structure scan performs while trolling straight and while turning, and at different (higher) speeds. Other posts claim it gets blurry while turning or while trolling above 50%, ect.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Triton150 View Post
    Nice pics! Thanks. Did you install the module (box) in a rod locker?
    I first tried to mount it on the back of the Starboard locker, but the cable was too short to run thru the conduit, to the console then, back to the locker, so I went thru the center locker then into the side of the Starboard locker and then the cable just barely made it. I made a bracket to mount it in front of the LSS2 box already mounted there. So they're "Piggybacked". Then ran the power cable to the #2 ACC switch on the dash.
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

Quote Originally Posted by Triton150 View Post
    Mitch, I'd be very interested in hearing how the structure scan performs while trolling straight and while turning, and at different (higher) speeds. Other posts claim it gets blurry while turning or while trolling above 50%, ect.

Thanks,
    In the DownScan mode it really doesn't seem to matter, but in the SideScan it gets pretty distorted depending on your speed. I mostly use DownScan so I'm good. I'm very happy with my results.
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    In the DownScan mode it really doesn't seem to matter, but in the SideScan it gets pretty distorted depending on your speed. I mostly use DownScan so I'm good. I'm very happy with my results.
    Thanks for the update Mitch....I may give this a try!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    You dont hear much about the Spotlight cause it seems most dont use it or at least use it for the spotlight feature....

Here are the difference between all 3 you mentioned

Spotlight - does sonar, downscan and spotlight; for spotlight function to work you need to install a sensor on the TM foot pedal and connect to the NMEA 2000 network; also the spotlight feature wont work correctly with any of the electric steer TM's

HDI - does sonar and downscan

LSS 2 - does downscan and sidescan; if you have touchpad Gen1 and Gen2 units you will need the black box; also need the sonar ducer to work in tandem to get digital depth reading; only need ducer to connect to Gen2 Touch and Gen 3 units

Total Scan - does sonar, downscan and sidescan; will only work on Gen 3 units.
    I thought with gen 1 and 2 touchpad units you need a sonarhub to make the spotlight transducer work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12