Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm digging the grind, I have glasses a lot of things, should be doable when my fortrex and terrova die. Haaha

2. Member
    Hello I just installed the new ultrex on my 2015 nitro Z9. The foot pedal will not fit correctly and also had to do some cutting but it works and fits perfectly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Esirls View Post
    Hello I just installed the new ultrex on my 2015 nitro Z9. The foot pedal will not fit correctly and also had to do some cutting but it works and fits perfectly now.
    Can you post some pics?
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 FS

I mean all newer boats should fit the ultrex pedal. The z20 and 21 do. It's hard to design a boat around thing that don't exist, speaking of z9s.
    Last edited by BMCD; 10-12-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

When you say you did some cutting did you mean you cut the tray or the base of the pedal?
    I am waiting on one for a 2013 z8 , I didn’t think ahead to this being an issue. Is the tray of z8 and z9 the same size?

6. Member

Ultrex Foot Pedal dimensions

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post

When you say you did some cutting did you mean you cut the tray or the base of the pedal?
    I am waiting on one for a 2013 z8 , I didn’t think ahead to this being an issue. Is the tray of z8 and z9 the same size?

Tray is the same z8-9 and cut the recess not the footpedal
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    With everyone cutting the recess of the boat are we worried about any long term effects? I haven't had the nerve to order and start cutting my z9

Well I really don’t think that I want to cut on my boat so my next question is what is the opinion on the motor guide X5 with spot lock , Spotlock is the main feature I was after . Does anybody have one on a z8 or know if it fits in the recessed tray properly ?

10. Member
    I have a 2000 901cdx and I purchased an ultrex and it is on the boat. but, you will have to install a bigger TM foot control box. I had did earlier when I had the minnkota maxxum and I got lucky that the ultrex control just fits.I was thinking i was going to have t find a bigger box.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post
    Well I really don’t think that I want to cut on my boat so my next question is what is the opinion on the motor guide X5 with spot lock , Spotlock is the main feature I was after . Does anybody have one on a z8 or know if it fits in the recessed tray properly ?
    The xi5 will be a lot like my terrova pedal in the aspect you won't want it in a tray, I took a plastic mider box and screwed that to the terrova pedal, and wrapped all the cords in the box so it was clean and flush with the floor

Why not buy a recess for the larger pedal and cut away? But really trimming the heel of the foot well seems to work well for a few people including a guy in our club.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroDVD View Post
    I have a 2000 901cdx and I purchased an ultrex and it is on the boat. but, you will have to install a bigger TM foot control box. I had did earlier when I had the minnkota maxxum and I got lucky that the ultrex control just fits.I was thinking i was going to have t find a bigger box.
    Here is my setup on my 2000 901 CDX with the recess tray, like i said the ultrex foot control just fits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Im not sure you can put in an aftermarket tray in the z8s and z9s. The factory tray basically goes up under the front trim/panel
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky292 View Post
    Im not sure you can put in an aftermarket tray in the z8s and z9s. The factory tray basically goes up under the front trim/panel

Same issue I have with my 591. I'd like to put in a bigger tray but I can't figure out how to span that gap. Now, I just have the TM footwell filled in so the pedal sits up at deck level. I don't like it but I don't have a better idea.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123