Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talon color help

I have a red triton tr21 (Not Burgundy) i know the power poles are to dark but would the talons match???
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I certinly wouldnt let color dictate my choice between shallow water anchor brands...

3. Member
    I want talons because they are electric and i have no room for pumps
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    You have no room for pumps on a TR21? I'd be happy to see if I can get some of my TR21 customers to give you some info on pump mounting on your boat.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 04-19-2017 at 11:06 AM.

5. Member
    I have red talons on a red and charcoal tr210 and they're only about a shade different. If you want I can text pictures, can't get them to upload

6. LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS
    I seen a red Triton boat with red talons on it, it looked great!!!!!!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS

7. Member
    I can tell you this I have a triton tr196 and just install two 8' blades on my boat and I still plenty room
    I don't understand why you would not have room for the pumps and I bought mine from K and K Kustomz
    give Kevin a call he can help you on pole ad pumps great guy !!!!

8. Member
    I would go black on a talon or a pole... My thinking is being able to resell them easy. Black would be easier I would think.

9. Banned
    I have black Talon on my rig, and while the black goes with everything the finish wears off. Go with the natural aluminum finish, I will go with this finish the next time. Just my opinion.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Powerpoles are powdercoated, no issue with there finish like a talon.

11. Banned
    power poles (any model; especially blades) > Talons

Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    I have black Talon on my rig, and while the black goes with everything the finish wears off. Go with the natural aluminum finish, I will go with this finish the next time. Just my opinion.
    The gen2 talons have a 5 year warranty on the color. If yours is chipping give MK a call and they will tell you what you need to do to get it warrantied. It is usually as simple as dropping it off at a authorized repair center.

Quote Originally Posted by JSkv99 View Post
    I have a red triton tr21 (Not Burgundy) i know the power poles are to dark but would the talons match???
    The Talon red is a candy apple red. Without seeing a good picture of your boat it would be hard to say if they would match. Mine match the red stripe on my boat really well. I'm 99% sure my stripe is red mist which is a pretty true red.

As long as you know the plusses and minuses between PP and Talons I'd buy what is going to work best for you. I chose Talons because they made the most sense for me. I'd go out on a limb and say 99% of the people bad mouthing one or the other have never owned the other brand and are just parroting what they have read or been told. And I'm sure kandk would be just as happy to sell you a Talon as a PP.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    The Talon red is a candy apple red. Without seeing a good picture of your boat it would be hard to say if they would match. Mine match the red stripe on my boat really well. I'm 99% sure my stripe is red mist which is a pretty true red.

As long as you know the plusses and minuses between PP and Talons I'd buy what is going to work best for you. I chose Talons because they made the most sense for me. I'd go out on a limb and say 99% of the people bad mouthing one or the other have never owned the other brand and are just parroting what they have read or been told. And I'm sure kandk would be just as happy to sell you a Talon as a PP.
    Lots of other sponsors for Talons. We sell what we believe to be the superior shallow water anchors, backed by the best customer service out there. For us that is Powerpole!

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Lots of other sponsors for Talons. We sell what we believe to be the superior shallow water anchors, backed by the best customer service out there. For us that is Powerpole!
    Interesting. So if your customer wanted an Ultrex and 12 foot Talons you'd only sell them the Ultrex?

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    Interesting. So if your customer wanted an Ultrex and 12 foot Talons you'd only sell them the Ultrex?
    Yes, you are correct as we do not sell Talons, so for Talons they would have to go to one of our other fine board sponsors. We only like to sell our customers products we are passionate about and use ourselves. ( and yes I have used both). We don't bad mouth Talons we just choose not to sell them.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 04-25-2017 at 02:07 PM.

17. Member
    Yes, you are correct as we do not sell Talons, so for Talons they would have to go to one of our other fine board sponsors. We only like to sell our customers products we are passionate about and use ourselves. ( and yes I have used both). We don't bad mouth Talons we just choose not to sell them.
    You don't bad mouth Talon? Every single comment is either a direct shot or a backhanded jab at them. I get it, you're a salesman selling your product, but honestly some of your post are very brash. Would it kill you to take the high road sometimes?

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Care to quote one of these posts? Powerpoles sell themselves, I dont push customers in one direction or the other 99.9 percent of customers that come to us to purchase have already made there decision.

So you are a Minn Kota dealer but you won't sell one of their products?

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We are a third party dealer this means we can choose what products of theres we will and wont sell. If you like your talons and are happy with them and they fit your needs thats all that matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast