Anyone else suffer from insomnia?

I have suffered (and yes, suffer is the accurate descriptor) with insomnia that has gotten severe to the point that I sleep two to three hours a night. So, I heard about an online treatment program called ShutI. I am in my second week and at this point I cannot go to bed before 1:30 am and no matter how much later than that I go to be I must be up and out of bed at 6:30 am. No naps are allowed and the bed is only for sleep and something they call sex which, if my memory is accurate, is something enjoyable.... Anyway, I am in my third or maybe fourth day of these sleep and awake times and I must admit I fall to sleep within minutes of getting into bed and I do wake up and get "going" at 6:30. But, boy is it tough to stay awake all day and not nod off or doze or just sleep. I am optimistic that this system will work as it changes the old bad sleep habits in a rather abrupt but effective fashion. If you have insomnia and like me no drugs or herbal remedies work this might be the answer for you. It costs $135 but I think it will be a wise investment (of course I think that why else would I plop down the $$$$?!).
    Inner peace for world peace/

2. Member
    I think I would be a big difficult baby if I didn't get my sleep. I hope your treatment delivers for you. Most folks need at least 6 hours a night of sleep. I do OK with 6 but much better with 7 or 8. I suppose you tried the Melatonin ?

I got the sleep apnea diagnosis in December 6 years ago. Wearing the C-pap has made all the difference in the world for me but I can't get to sleep with that thing strapped on my face. My doc prescribes Seroquel but I actually take Quetiapine which is generic for Seroquil. I take the pill and watch Tv for a few minutes and get snoozy. I put on the C-Pap and I'm off to sleep the entire night and wake up rested with no aftereffect from the medicine. Been doing this for 6 years now. So far so good.

Have you got any of the symptoms of sleep apnea or been tested for it ?
    GETFISHED !!!

Melatonin....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Melatonin....
    10 mg will knock your lights out.....and make you have weird dreams....some are very interesting.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Banned
    No but I've been sick all week and couldn't sleep for 5 days straight due to what I found out to be pneumonia. I now emphasize with anyone who has insomnia! After five days with no sleep I was going crazy. A high powered sleeping pill finally did the trick so far. Man how great it felt to finally sleep again!

6. Member
    I've got terrible insomnia and you are correct, "suffer" is the right word. Mine started 2 days after I had a surgery for a deviated septum, but the doctors say that there is no way that this could have caused insomnia. I haven't slept more than 15 min in the past 5 yrs without taking drugs. Melatonin does nothing for me....I use Ambien + Zzquil together every night and still have trouble sleeping if I am stressing over anything.

7. Member
    Melatonin is useless unless you just want to have some crazy dreams

Try magnesium and tart cherry juice.

9. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I cracked a rib a year ago and had a oxygen machine to help me breath. It was just a tube that went under my nose, I slept like a baby when I had that machine. I sleep good now but I have started to sleep almost in a sitting position since cracked rib. I have like 3 pillow behind me and 1 pillow behind my upper back and a pillow for my neck. I read and fall asleep and sleep like a rock because I don't roll over and twist when I slept on my side. Maybe a new sleeping position would work for you ?/

10. Banned
    Try beer, works for me some nights. On a serious note, I go to sleep fine and then wake up thinking about everything I have to do. I can wake up at 2 and not go back to sleep til I have to go to work. Wake up 1 and be awake til 4, then sleep and hour and feel like shit all day.

11. Banned
    My child is my cause of insomnia, she didn't sleep an entire night during the first 4 years of her life and for the last 4 years she wakes me up when she comes to our bed in the middle of the night. Then proceeds to kick us, she's killed half of my brain cells due to me not getting any kind of decent sleep.

12. Member
    Wife does melatonin,i do trazadone
    Outlaw Bass

13. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkwallet View Post
    I had terrible sleep-walking thanks to that..and believe it or not, same reaction to nasal sprays... No relief yet.

How in heck can you do a "sleep study" when you cannot sleep.....AND have to get up every 2 hours to pee?

Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Try beer, works for me some nights. On a serious note, I go to sleep fine and then wake up thinking about everything I have to do. I can wake up at 2 and not go back to sleep til I have to go to work. Wake up 1 and be awake til 4, then sleep and hour and feel like shit all day.
    Thats me. Gonna wake up about 3..mind gets to racing and I'm still awake when my alarm goes off at 4:30.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkwallet View Post
    When I was in the military and was stationed in Korea, I had to make a lot of trips back to the good old USA for meetings and what not. Melatonin never did a thing for me.

16. Member
    I have tried most of the drugs, yes both legal and some not so legal and the result is always the same. I cannot recommend this ShutI program yet as I am just starting it but I am optimistic and like the non drug approach.
    Inner peace for world peace/

17. Banned
    I did when I was on 3rd shift in my early 20's. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. I remember laying there crying. Dead tired all night at work and get home in bed and lay there for hours. Started taking naps at the grain tower parking lot on the way home from work and it was the best couple hrs sleep of my life.

I take two Melatonin and two Saw Palmetto every night. Gets me through the whole night without getting up to pee.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Try magnesium and tart cherry juice.
    My wife has recently tried a product called Calm. It's magnesium based and has worked wonders for her anxiety and sleeplessness. Google it, it has won awards!