Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'd think about the amount of time and mileage you had on your truck versus the same factors on your trailer. Unless they are leaking, the shocks could probably go a long time. If you really wonder, unhook one and see if it still dampens by hand.

2. Member
    I can tell you from experience that my dual axle trailer that has shocks was a real difference when they wore out. I had one break and I instantly could feel that in the truck and the boat was bouncing like crazy. Replaced and it pulled like a dream again. i have a heavy 198 Champion and I feel the shocks are a must for me. No tires issue at all.

3. Member
    If you want to check a shock grab the shock before you leave home feel the temperature. When you stop feel the shock again if it is warmer than before its working if not its shot. As the oil in the shock moves back and forth it warms up if it is working.

4. Member
    If I could get air ride for mine I would have it
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    If I could get air ride for mine I would have it
    Hmm. Wonder what a bass boat on an air ride would look like "in the weeds"?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    It's exactly the opposite. Shocks make it harder on the tires. The term shock absorber couldn't be more wrong. They are actually suspension dampeners, which restrict the ability of the springs to compress or expand quickly. They in effect force the tires to stay in contact with a bump and transfer some of that force to the trailer frame directly.
    Shocks (dampers) have compression and rebound specificity built into the from manufacturer for a particular application, and they are built with perimeters not to inhibit full suspension travel.
    When your shocks wear out on your car, which is not that common this days, your car will keep bouncing up and down unregulated like one of them bobble head toys when you hit a bump.
    Most shocks that are for daily drivers are not adjustable, but all race shocks or special application have built in adjustments both for compression and rebound.
    My Z06 Bilsteins are self adjusting with specific perimeter to my suspension, however, my Koni Yellows on my race car have individual adjustments for compression and rebound to accommodate for different race course set ups.

7. Member
    Trailer man
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    Will a worn shock make a trailer sag?

I've got an older ez load trailer, with shocks. On one side the tire sits further back in h
    The wheel well whereas the other side the tire sits dead center.

I'll prob replace both spring and shock
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

Shocks dont support weight, Springs do... Unless you have coil over shocks for extra loads...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12