Replacing Ranger Trail surge brake coupler

Hey guys

Im replacing the UFP A-60 actuator on my 1996 Ranger Trail trailer with disc brakes, single axle. I'm getting ready to order the actuator, and I'm confused as to which one to get.
    My outer housing states that it is a 6,000 lb system, which the manual says the A-60 is rated for, however when I'm looking online they're saying they are rated for 7500lbs. The manual states that the A-75 is rated for 7500 lbs. Then I came across one that is listed as "Ranger Trail specific" which has no backup solenoid and a longer hose. So basically I'm not sure which one to order at all.

These are the ones I'm looking at:

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...l#.WFNM2aIrLyh

and

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...l#.WFNNfqIrLyg

Any help would be appreciated.

B

Edited to add there seems to be a backup solenoid on mine, however as I'm still working on driving that MFing pin out I haven't been able to remove it from the outer housing to verify yet.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

2. Member
    You want the Ranger Specific one because the solenoid is mounted behind the actuator and you just need the longer hose to hook it up.
    You can also call Waymire Distribution they are very knowledgeable on Ranger Trailers and ufp products. They can answer your questions and sell you what ever you need.

http://www.waymires.net/
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec
    Bassmaster Classic Edition

3. Member
    So I'll have to buy the solenoid separate and wire it in?
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

4. Member
    No the solenoid should be there. It will be mounted behind the actuator. Look in from the back it should be right there.
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec

5. Member
    Just took a picture of my solenoid. I have the removable tongue so yours might be different if you don't have the removable tongue. IMG_20161215_222039.jpg
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec

6. Member
    OK, I'll call Waymires tomorrow. The Ranger specific ones I'm finding say specifically that the reverse solenoid is not included. I'd like to be able to replace it with a complete unit if I can. Thank you for taking the picture for me!
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

7. Member
    There are different ratings on some I just did one on a Sanger ski Boat and had the same issue get the model number and call UPF in San Marcos calif they will provide the exact replacement part number. Unique Function Products they are great to deal with but the weight difference is what I experienced as well, Ranger may have the info but the manufacturer would be your best resource.

8. Member
    If the solenoid is working properly I would not change it it can be changed it just isn't attached to the actuator. I'm sure you will get it figured out.
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec

9. mikesxpress
    Do a search on here for this. I gave the least expensive seller and it comes with the solenoid mounted to the back. You have to remove it and swap with yours. Flush & bleed system info is all on here too. This has been gone over multiple times.

Take a look at the back of your coupler. It should be easy to see if the reverse solenoid is mounted to the back of the coupler or if it is mounted separately on the trailer frame. I think some of the early Rangertrails had it mounted separately but all Rangertrails in the last 15 years or so should have it as part of the coupler assembly.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

11. Member
    I finally got the pin off today, and was able to see the solenoid was separate from the assembly. Thanks for the help on that. I've ordered the parts and now its time to wait for the post office to come through.

Also, just for the record, I did try to search the site before asking. However the search function returns the terms "UFP" and "A-60" as too common and won't search for them. That leaves pages of threads on Ranger trailer brake pads, rotors, actuators, calipers, and bleeding to sort through. Not sure if that's an error or what.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

12. Member
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec

13. Member
    trailer parts depot
    UFP A-60 INNER SLIDE 7500# 2" BALL DISC - 34043 $ 179.98 EACH $ 179.98
    Sub Total:$ 179.98 + ShippingCalculated During Checkout
    + TaxCalculated During CheckoutTotal:$ 179.98
    this will work if you have disk brakes

14. Member
    What was your trick to finally getting the pins out? We are trying to remove the coupler and cannot get those two bolts out! Think they are rusted together!

15. Member
    i just knocked mine out yesterday,soak them with pipe break, i used a 1/2 bolt about 3" long with vise grips holding the bolt and a bfh 6lb and about 20 hits later they broke loose