Thread: Poison airboats

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    i heard there were 5 airboats spraying dunns creek from one end to the other last week. insanity run amok.

Where are the kickbacks going ? That's what I'd like to find out...

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    From reading the "Fl Sportsman" magazine, it seems they are trying to get the state to purchase some land south of Clewiston to make a reservoir to filter the water from the Big O. (Plan 6 Flow way) Maybe they could use some of the funds they now use for over poisoning, for Plan 6? Just an idea if anyone gets an ear at the upcoming Clewiston Fisherman/FWC meeting..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hammerhead View Post
    Rock BASS editor Robert Montgomery was given the go ahead to do a story , he interviewed 1 of our board members and we were given questions that he wanted answers to, I am pretty certain he was doing the same with FWC, hopefully we get somewhere with all of it, I spoke to several of the BasS guys post tourney and they were shocked at how bad it was down there, not sure on time frame on when that story comes out but regardless it will be national soon.
    That will be good and is the only the way to stop these guys. We need to have an outside unbiased spotlight shine on the destruction they are doing to our lakes in the national media . Also having those elite names calling out on how the Big O has dramatically been changed would put the kind of pressure on the state that we local fisherman could never do, I hope he can get some comments from some of them. Keep us updated on what develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    From reading the "Fl Sportsman" magazine, it seems they are trying to get the state to purchase some land south of Clewiston to make a reservoir to filter the water from the Big O. (Plan 6 Flow way) Maybe they could use some of the funds they now use for over poisoning, for Plan 6? Just an idea if anyone gets an ear at the upcoming Clewiston Fisherman/FWC meeting..

Bravo! About time

6. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    a buddy of mine just got back from okeechobee, he tells me he witnessed uniformed FWC biologists/ officers corralling and 'reading the riot act' to a group of 'sprayers', even forcing one to put his airboat back on the trailer. maybe the public outcry is finally sinking in ! keep up the pressure, in every venue you can think of. it just may be working.

7. Member
    It certainly can't hurt, at the end of the day the FWC has to be the ones willing to stop this and change the protocol otherwise its a lost cause.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234