Outside Kayak Storage

Do y'all have any tips on storing a kayak outside? I have seen where people have used saw horses or leaned them up against their house but am not sure of the best way. Also, do y'all know of any UV and water resistant covers or tarps that could be used to cover a kayak?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Kayak storage seems to be a subject with lots of opinions. Most manufacturers seem to recommend that you store them pointed UP, standing on the stern. I never have quite figured that one out.

My yaks are mostly lying flat on concrete or a PVC sheet. I definitely would NOT store them on two saw horses, without any full-length support.

Can't help much with the cover. UV rots everything that I have ever used, other than I have had some decent luck with my power boat cover. If I get to my boat storage in the next day or two, I'll try to get the brand name. I don't remember where I bought it.

I put a generous coat of 303 Aerospace Protectant on my hull and it is leaning on its side against the garage with the hull on the outside. 303 has an spf rating of about 40. Its below 0 here for a few days so we'll see how it goes.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

4. Member
    Hey new to kayaking here. What is the issue with 2 saw horses? Will it cause warping? Really?

5. Member
    No support in the middle. Should sag. If you added some supporting 2x4s, I'd think it would be fine.

upside down under the deck and be ready for critters in spring? haha now mine is in the boat garage rite side up with a couple dryer sheets

I tried keeping mine between the house and the fence, in the shade, but that was just an invitation for spiders to set up house.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Perception recommends this way or hanging from one end. Keep a tarp over it loosely to keep the sun off of it but allow airflow.

Ranting incoherently

That's a good idea.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat