LED STRIP LIGHTS QUESTION

I see on AMAZON alot of different LED STRIP LIGHTS that are alot cheaper than the BLUEWATER LEDS. Are these lights anygood or are they just cheap china s***? I want to put led strips on my boat trailer for more visiability of my trailer at night. Any and all comments welcome.
    Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR
    There is a lot of difference in the cheaper lights than ours. They are completely different components and build process. Also, all of our products have a lifetime warranty. We are also available by phone to help with any installation questions you may have or any technical support you may need. You can use code "12days" to save 20% thru Christmas, and code "bbc" to save 10% anytime after Christmas.
    BLUE WATER LED, LLC
    1-800-221-BLUE (2583)

http://www.bluewaterled.com

3. Banned
    As for the Amazon lights, I have used them in the house (under cabinet), outside on my deck, and on the boat as nav lights, I have had no problems with them. I have not compared to Blue Waters, but I have had no issues with mine.

Ive had Blue Waters under my trailer for several years with NO issues. I had a friend give me some of the Amazon lights he had left over from a truck project. There is a difference....the cheaper lights don't stick, you can see the circuitry and components not with the Blue Waters. They are a much cleaner look. When you cut the ends you'll need to seal the up, they just are not the same quality part IMO as the Blue Waters. About the only place I'd use em is inside my compartments....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    I appreciate the feedback. Ted, any DOT restrictions on what colors you can use in NC? Local parts store told me I can only use yellow or green.

I put BlueWater stick on Nave lights on my boat. Hopefully the 3M adhesive will hold for a few years, then I'll try superglue lol.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    I appreciate the feedback. Ted, any DOT restrictions on what colors you can use in NC? Local parts store told me I can only use yellow or green.
    Can't tell you bout the rules and regs....mine are red under my trailer and they're on if it's dark. Never any issues. IMO if you load it up with lights you'll prolly have an issue. I have a 4' on each side at the front and 3' on each side towards the rear....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

I've used the fleabay strip lights as nav lights. They survived one summer... but didn't survive one MN winter cold cycle. They became brittle, cracked, and over half the individual diodes quit working.
    I ponied up and replaced them with a Bluewater Nav light kit, and they've held up wonderfully. Very satisfied with my Bluewaters!
    Trust me, you don't want to have to replace any strips. Go with quality the first time.

I've used several different types of the strips with good results. Many different types and ways to set them up. There are different quality strips depending on which buyer you get them from off eBay and Amazon. Have to be careful. I will say though, Blue Water products are of higher quality and will more than likely last longer.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs