Buying a couple units for new boat

I am looking to buy either 2 or 3 new units for my new boat and looking for a great buy as well as some advice from someone that knows them well as going Panoptix. Any recommendations?

THANK YOU
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Member
    Depends on your bank account.
    1.Top of the line is the 7600 series. Does it all. You don't have to worry.
    2. echoMAP CHIRP 93sv. 2 short comings. Doesn't network sonar. Doesn't have the same interference rejection as the 7600.

I don't fly first class on planes, but my sonar is first class. 7610xsv.
    AND----- if Garmin comes out with something brand new, first unit to get it will be the 7600 series.

I don't know anything about Verado, but I hear great stuff about Phoenix.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Whats your budget?

If I was going to have 2 or especially 3 mfd's on the boat, networking would be a hi priority so I could share maps and sonar between them. That means going with the GPSMap series because the echomaps dont share those things.

Next consideration is screen size - bigger is always better.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    I've been playing with the new 1042xsv for a month or so now and it might be something you should look at. Should be available sometime after the first of the year for retail. It has four 'favorites' buttons, a dial navigation as well as direction arrows and is a 10" screen.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

5. Member
    I want your job!
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

6. Member
    I am thinking a 12 upfront and a 12 on the dash. Coming out of (2) 998 series birds on dash and (1) 1198 series upfront.

Trying to see what best option is to meet my needs of panoptix upfront and then solid side scan and sonar on the console. Networking is nice for gps spots and if anyway to interface with my ultrex as well for following contours would be a BONUS.

Budget will be in that 7k range but less to get what I need is always nice.

The hard part in deciding is I can get a great deal on Lowrance and Humminbird so to pay near retail for Garmin makes it hard to palate ;-)

THANK YOU
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

7. Member
    I don't know of any discounts on the 7600's. I'd check with a couple of board sponsors and see what they say. I have heard of some big bargains on the 93sv's. You do have to check and make sure the are the CHIRP version. I do some networking but most often I use multiple units to show different things on different transducers at the same time. It just depends on your implementation. Check with ToryBoy30. He's a straight shooter and seems like he uses them all.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    I am thinking a 12 upfront and a 12 on the dash. Coming out of (2) 998 series birds on dash and (1) 1198 series upfront.

Trying to see what best option is to meet my needs of panoptix upfront and then solid side scan and sonar on the console. Networking is nice for gps spots and if anyway to interface with my ultrex as well for following contours would be a BONUS.

Budget will be in that 7k range but less to get what I need is always nice.

The hard part in deciding is I can get a great deal on Lowrance and Humminbird so to pay near retail for Garmin makes it hard to palate ;-)

THANK YOU
    Follow the contour is an iPilot Link function with a Humminbird unit and Lakemaster mapping.

iPilot Link is not connectable with any other brand so the iPilot version is all you can use.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    The hard part in deciding is I can get a great deal on Lowrance and Humminbird so to pay near retail for Garmin makes it hard to palate
    I know there are some discounted pricing on HB and Low units but another big thing to consider is features....they all have some features that are close to the same but then there are a few that set each one apart....cheap sounds good but features also play a big part...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    I want your job!

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post

SE Kansas grass grower
    So how did you lay hands on one of these puppies?

Looks like a nice machine!

Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I've been playing with the new 1042xsv for a month or so now and it might be something you should look at. Should be available sometime after the first of the year for retail. It has four 'favorites' buttons, a dial navigation as well as direction arrows and is a 10" screen.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Hey ring fry, I'm down in Pittsburg. You ever fish down my way? Some of the guys that fish our Thus day night jackpots are trying to get one going on Cedar Creek.

13. Banned
    i always suggest the 7600 series for a full feature unit. this will put you on par and more when it comes to features with the hds and the onix and a large step ahead of the helix. your're gonna be pushing it on price with 2 12s though. shoot me and email if you want to see some real numbers

14. Member
    kspropbender, I fish Bone Creek and Cedar Creek mostly. We have a Tuesday night jackpot at Cedar Creek starting with daylight savings time.

sfw1960, I field test marine electronics for Garmin. It really is a pretty good gig. It also is a good deal for Garmin as we test these units under real fishing conditions and find things that could be better or need changed that cannot be duplicated in the lab.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Very cool.

I will be sure to keep my eyes peeled on your posts, since you have some hands on experience and offer healthy insight to the products you test.

If they need any more guys......

Thanks for the reply!

16. Banned
    We have a healthy family of field testers here. Garmin was very open and listens very closely to its customers
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 12-19-2016 at 12:11 PM.