Thread: Prop to pad

Prop to pad

Switched to a MS ride and looking for a good starting point for prop to "pad" on a flat back V bottom boat. Always used the common starting point on bass rigs of 3.5" prop to pad, but want some ideas on this hull style.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Short Strike; 12-12-2016 at 05:28 PM.

2. Member
    If thats a Comp 205, you might want to reach out to the author of this article to get more facts, or at least input.. Sounds like he went for a ride in a dialed in unit...

http://www.scout.com/outdoors/fishul...016-alumacraft

I'm looking at the same boat with a yamaha SHO.. good luck..
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

It is for a comp 205, though not my boat in the pic. The one above does look mean! Waiting on a new order. Thanks for that tip. The scout boat is in the second hole which seems to be common. I just want it as high as possible as I tend to fish shallow frequently. Alumacraft frowns upon jackplates, which is the obvious easy solution.

if your looking for more speed a v hull aluminum isn't going to do that unless you had a hydrolic jack plate you will loose rough water performance because you will cavitate, isn't that why youd look at a ms boat? also p2p on a bass boat is 20" in front of the lower unit this is only 8" will need to be lower say 2.75"

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    also p2p on a bass boat is 20" in front of the lower unit this is only 8" will need to be lower say 2.75"
    I didn't quite understand this. Please explain again. Thank You!

The MS boat wasn't so much about rough water ride as was the ability to seat 6-8 people.

ok so shallow water holeshot and capacity, the bass boat transoms and running surfaces are cut forward for a couple reasons and add a jackplate 10". this being 20" from the lower unit. the water is actually raising back up and over 20"s it may rise .75 inches at 60 mph, putting the water into the LU higher than the p2p measurement. the craft transom is vertical and the motor may not like full trim but at full trim it will be at least 2 times closer to the running surface, requiring it to be lower. I live in multi specie world up hear and other than a random ranger/triton with a hydrolic jack 2'" setback no one can justify moving the motor up a hole except one manufacturer that your not looking at.

7. Member
    My guess set it 5 PTP.. 2 or 3 holes up..First run have someone look at back when running trimmed out . Ventilation plate should be out of water trimmed up.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff