Thread: Helix 10 setup

Helix 10 setup

Hi guys, just wanted to run this setup by you guys and get your thoughts as I'm new to humminbird. This is what I'm planning, helix 10 gn2 si at the console with the transducer out back and a helix 10 gn2 si at the bow hooked up to a minnkota ultrex which has the us2 built in with ipilot link. Thoughts?

2. Member
    Gonna need the 5 port ethernet switch for all 3 to communicate together

First thing is the US2 does not do any Imaging, it's 2D sonar only (83/200 kHz).
    If you want SI at the bow from the trolling motor, you have to put a SI transducer on the trolling motor. The SI transducer does 2D so there is no need to connect the US2. Extra wires/connections for nothing.

If you want to use the US2 save some money and just get the Helix 10 CHIRP GPS G2N.

For the console unit it depends on what boat you have for the SI transducer installation. ???????
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Sorry I guess I left that part out lol! This setup will be going on a new ranger aluminum 198. Since I'll have the si on the dash, will it transfer to the unit at the bow if it's not the si unit up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebait View Post
    Sorry I guess I left that part out lol! This setup will be going on a new ranger aluminum 198. Since I'll have the si on the dash, will it transfer to the unit at the bow if it's not the si unit up there?
    Humminbird does not have a transducer for shoot-thru in an Aluminum hull so the SI transducer would have to be attached to the transom so it can have water contact when the hull is on the water's surface (on plane).

You could use the XNT 9 20 at the hull bottom and put the SI transducer higher to protect that expensive transducer from possible impact damage.
    Then connect the two transom transducers to the display with the AS SIDB Y cable.

An alternative is a real shoot-thru for aluminum hulls --- ALUMADUCER---- with the Y cable setup.

Yes you can view SI from the console unit on a bow 2D unit. Cross sharing sonar technology has been a function since the first year of the XX9 models. If you were to add the Ultrex 360, you can get SI/DI from that directly to the bow 2D unit. 360 is an Ethernet accessory.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Thanks guys!