Thread: Motoguide X5

Motoguide X5

When mounting does anyone use the rubber washers between the bracket and the boat? I have never used the isolators on the older models but just wonder about these newer one it is the 105 pound thrust model.

2. Member
    I think it's a good idea. They help protect the gel under the mount and prevent some vibration.

3. Member
    I have always used them and really like them, but you need to check them often and keep them tight, they get loose. Just tighten them down every now and then.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    if you use rubber washers be sure its hard rubber or plastic washers, regular soft rubber washers will break down and deteriorate causing it to get loose in no time. also use fender washers and locknuts on the underside
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    folks have been known to take the isolaters and use them more as a spacer and grommet to fill in the mount hole and provide cushion between the mount and the gel coat - on an isolater cut the bottom of the T-portion off and use the isolater as a pass through grommet and secure the mount using the mounting screws, fender washers and nyloc nuts

6. Member
    Yeah the new X5 comes with just soft rubber washers for isolation that is why I was asking. I opted not to use the isolator as it is a pita to take everything apart to retighten so often as is seems from my experience that you have to adjust more often with them than without.! All worked well and I will say the first hour felt a little weird but I got to learn the foot pedal and caught some good fish.