Customized camper shells

Anyone have a idea or set up of customizing the camper shell? I bought a camper shell so I could place a bed in it , sleep in it instead of paying for hotel when I go out of town fishing.
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

2. Member
    What size truck bed?
    I have a 6' bed on one of my trucks and an 8' bed on my other truck both accommodate 2 people sleeping and storage underneath. I have used 5/8's plywood and 2x4 legs for support to make a bed. The plywood (2) pieces were cut length wise to get the full truck bed width and a 2x4 was attached to one piece of the plywood leaving a lip so the two pieces could be joined together. I cut 7pieces of 2x4 for support (3 on the ends and one in the middle). The plywood laid on the top of the wheel housing also giving support. If I wanted to remove the bed I just removed the center screws on one piece of the plywood and lifted it out. We used cushions out a TT camper for bedding mattress. Some used air mattress' but for me it was to soft.

A single bed would be no problem at all if your going single.

Works great for me and the wife along with our Jack Russell Terrier
    Rocket

3. Member
    I cut a piece of 3/4 plywood the same size as an air mattress. Then I set that on 4 milk crates which was high enough to clear the wheel well. Perfect fit. I could sit on the edge and had room to crawl in with out getting the sleeping bag dirty. Storage under neath.

4. Member
    It's a short bed. I'm hoping to make one side sleeping other little storage. It will be just me and my 5yo prolly. I do have to mutts both little
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

Lots of ideas in YouTube. Was just looking at same thing yesterday.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Graduating to a truck camper would make life a LOT better when traveling and fishing. Should be able to find a used one pretty reasonable.

Gonna have to stick with the smaller ones or you will need a more truck.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

7. Member
    in my truck with a 6.5 foot bed I just used a folding cot, my Tacoma had a 73 inch bed. I bought a pad for an outdoor lounge chair in the fall when they were cheap at Lowes. My sleeping bag is a 4 season, bag in a bag xl. I use my cooler for a night stand.

8. Member
    I have an extended cab 2010 Silverado and I built two elevated bunks to go over each side over the wheel wells. There is enough space in between the beds to slide cooler and small storage under the beds. I have some 4" foam and use a sleeping bag. I also built a swamp cooler AC using an old cooler and a fan.

9. Member
    I have a pictures mine it can't figure how to post the from iPad, I would definitely recommend some sort of platform to increase storage. I have a air mattress that is cutom fit for my truck. I also have a wooden insert that slides the tailgate and the bed with tailgate down that I can mount an AC unit. I can sleep at angles in 5.5 foot bed. I dont even know that I am in a truck. I slept over 30 nights in it last year. It paid for itself.

https://jet.com/product/detail/2b963...0-4e9abb0f41c0